1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jesu-is-lord.com and jesus-is-saviour.com

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by stubbornboy, Nov 6, 2003.

1. stubbornboy

stubbornboy New Member

im getting confused about this two sites :confused: .ive noticed that jesus-is-saviour.com calls lutheran a false religion.is their any truth about that? :confused: :confused:

2. Deadeye

Deadeye New Member

Hello,

Be careful of that website, if you listen to some of the mans sermons you will see he is hateful at heart. To me this is a sign of a false teacher. He preaches that he loves but calls people stupid and basically tells many they are damned to hell for their teachings.

To answer your question I should first point out that I grew up in the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. I attended LCMS schools from pre-school to High School. So, of course I do not believe it to be a false religion.

First off, we believe that Christ is the only way to salvation and not works. Grace alone, Faith alone, Scripture alone.

I have never seen a Lutheran worship Mary, in fact, I was never really taught much about Mary in the Lutheran Schools.

We do believe in Baptism by the Divine Word of God(not works) starts that small seed of faith in the infants heart. There are several versus in the Bible that tell us that infants can have faith. Faith is much more than human reason to me.

As for Luther not including the second commandment in his small catechism. Martin Luther does include idols in the first commandment-you have to keep reading down in the catechism, this man stops where he wants too. God doesn't number the commandments in the Bible, this is how the Jew's, Catholics, and Lutherans number their commandments. I think the more important parts is to know them. Which was the point in his small catechism.

I do not worship Luther. Nor do any other Lutherans I know.

Christ tells us to keep taking(check the greek) communion for the forgiveness of our sins. It is in the Bible. Now, we believe with the bread and the wine you receive the True Body and Blood of our Lord. We do not take it as far as Catholics, but if you'd like more information on this, let me know.

LCMS does not teach that you must be Baptized(water) and take Communion to be saved. The man next to Christ on the cross was saved.

LCMS does not have women Pastors. It is wrong to combine all Lutheran denominations together. LCMS is much more conservative than the ELCA.

LCMS strongly opposes gay marriage and abortion.

We do not believe their will be an earthly 1,000 year reign of Christ on earth. Well, we do, but it is going on now. I know some Baptist denominations have pretty much the same end time beliefs as Lutherans. We reject the belief of a "secret rapture."

We do not focus on a "Born again" experience. from LCMS website -"faith itself is a gift of God's grace and is brought about not by the "free will" of human beings but by the power of God's Spirit working through God's means of grace, the Word and Sacraments. The sacraments being Baptism and Communion.

I greatly respect my Baptist friends. We have differences in some doctrines, but we are still brothers and sisters in Christ. According to this website(jesusissavior), I am going to Hell. But, I believe in Jesus Christ as my savior. I repent for my sins. I was born again when I was Baptized by the Holy Spirit in Baptism.

I hope this answers some of your questions about Lutheran Doctrine. Martin Luther was a great reformer, but not perfect. He wanted people to focus on the Bible. If you pick up a small catechism it is full of versus, not just his teachings. I am a Christian first and a Lutheran second and a Lutheran just because my beliefs go with their doctrines.

#2 Deadeye, Nov 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2008