1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesue 'BECAME' flesh or 'IS' flesh??

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by MRCoon, May 24, 2006.

1. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Who did Adam walk with?
    Who did Abraham talk with?
    Who told Joshua to take off his shoe?
    Who wrestled with Jacob?
    And how was the Lamb Slain from the foundation of the world if he did not exist in eternity past?

Paul states very clearly that there different types of flesh is it not possible that the verse you showed meant that Jesus exchanged one type of (incorruptible and immortal) for another type of flesh (Mortal and corruptible)?

I do not have a problem with your verses I simply see another solution to the proposed dilemma.

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Hebrews says that angels are spirits. They may have a body, but it's not composed of the same physical materials as man, or angels would not be called spirits.

I think that the Christophanies (appearances of Christ in the OT) were just that -- Christ appearing as a man temporarily, but that is not the same as taking on a human body as humans do. The only way to do that is to be born of woman, which happened with the incarnation. As Bapmom pointed out, if Jesus already had a body, then how did he incarnate?

As Blackbird pointed out, John 1 is crucial here:
    I think this verse tells us that Jesus took on a human body when he incarnated.