1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured JESUITS - "the most cruel, unscrupulous, and powerful of all the champions of popery"

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Alofa Atu, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Alofa Atu

Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All research is my own unless otherwise noted (such as ADL - a brother Edwin M Cotto I know from AFmin who went through AFCOE, while I was there.), and anything referred to such as ADL, is because I agree with the material already presented, having already done my own study on the material.

Samuel Morse (Morse Code):

Foreign Conspiracy Against the Liberties of THE UNITED STATES: The numbers under the signature of BRUTUS, originally published in the New York Observer. Revised and Corrected, with notes, by the Author, Samuel F. B. Morse, A.M. - President of the National Academy of Design, and Profesor of the Arts of Design in the University of the city of New York [7th Edition; Online Google Books; Chapter IV; Under Austrian Control page 60-62,94-95]

"... And who are these agents? They are, for the most part, Jesuits, an ecclesiastical order proverbial through the world for cunning, duplicity, and total want of moral principle; an order so skilled in all the arts of deception, that even in Catholic countries, in Italy itself, it became intolerable, and required its suppression. They are Jesuits in the pay and employ of a despotic government, who are at work on the ignorance and passions of our com- [pg 60-61] -munity; they are foreigners, who have been schooled in foreign seminaries in the doctrine of passive obedience; they are foreigners under vows of perpetual celibacy, and having therefore, no deep and permanent interest in this country; they are foreigners, bound by the strong ties of pecuniary interest and ambition to the service of a foreign despot.* Is there no danger to to our free institutions from a host commanded by such men, whose numbers are constantly increasing by the machinations and funds of Austria?

Consider, too, the power which these Jesuits and other Catholic priests posses through the confessional, of knowing the private characters and affairs of all the leading men in the community; the power arising from their right to prescribe the kinds and degrees of penance, and the power arising from the right to refuse absolution to those who do not comply with their commands. ... And should not the men who possess such powers be jealously watched by all lovers of liberty?

Is it possible that these Jesuits can have a sincere attachment to the principles of free institutions? Do not these principles oppose a constant barrier to their exercise of that arbitrary power, which they claim as a divine right, and which they exercise, too, in all countries [pg 61-62] where they are dominant? Can in not be perceived, that although they may find it politic for the present to conceal their anti-republican tenets, yet this concealment will be merely temporary, and is only adopted now, the better to lull suspicion? Is it not in accordance with all experience of Popish policy, that Jesuits should encroach little by little, and persevere till they have attained the plentitude of power? At present they have but one aim in this country, which absorbs all others, and that is, to make themselves popular. If they succeed in this, we shall learn, when too late to remedy the evil, that Popery abandons none of its divine rights. The leaders of this sect are disciplined and organized, and have their adherents entirely subservient to their will. Here, then, is a regular party, a religious sect, ready to throw the weight of its power as circumstances may require -- ready to favor any man or set of men who will engage to favor it." - Foreign Conspiracy Against the Liberties of the United States

"...Surely American Protestants, freemen, have discernment enough to discover beneath them the cloven foot of this subtle foreign heresy, and will not wait for a more extensive, disastrous, and overwhelming political interference, ere they assume the attitude of watchfulness and defence. They will see that Popery is now, what it has ever been, a system of the darkest political intrigue and [pg 94-95] despotism, cloaking itself to avoid attack, under the sacred name of religion. They will be deeply impressed with the truth, that Popery is a political as well as a religious system; that in this respect it differs totally from all other sects, from all other forms of religion in the country. Popery imbodies in itself the CLOSEST UNION OF CHURCH AND STATE. Observe it at it the fountain-head. In the Roman States the civil and ecclesiastical offices are blended together in the same individual. The Pope is the King. ..." - Foreign Conspiracy Against the Liberties of the United States

2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What exactly is out of context? I'm asking what "CERTAIN RACES OF MEN."

she said :

"Since the flood there has been amalgamation of man and beast, as may be seen in the endless varieties of species of animals and certain races of men."

“But if there was one sin above another which called for the destruction of the race by the flood, it was the base crime of amalgamation of man and beast which defaced the image of GOD, and caused confusion everywhere. GOD purposed to destroy by a flood that powerful, long-lived race that had corrupted their ways before him.”—Spiritual Gifts 3:64. EGWC 306.3

She says it is SEEN in certain races of men. --> "as may be seen in the endless varieties of species of animals and certain races of men."

Which race is that? What exactly is wrong with my question?

• Like Like x 1
  3. utilyan

Site Supporter

I was shown the company present at the Conference. Said the angel: “Some food for worms, some subjects of the seven last plagues, some will be alive and remain upon the earth to be translated at the coming of Jesus.”—Testimonies For The Church 1:131, 132 (1856).

So know any 164 year old SDA?

4. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, but who that is shall remain a mystery to you until a little later when He shall be revealed from heaven in all the glory of His Father, and the glory of His angels, but in further answer, that is not what Testimonies is saying.

See Point #5, as I answered this explicitly with the Bible itself, and the context of the SoP/ToJ statements - https://archive.org/download/7-so-called-false-predictions-from-ellen-g.-white-sda/7 (so called) False Predictions From Ellen G. White – SDA.pdf

James Aitken Wylie (History of Protestantism):

The History of Protestantism by the Rev. J. A. Wylie [James Aitken Wylie], LL.D. Volume II; Illustrated; Cassell Petter & Galpin: London, Paris & New York; Chapter VIII. Diffusion of the Jesuits throughout Christendom. The Conflict Great-the Arms Sufficient-The Victory Sure-Set Free from Episcopal Jurisdiction-Acceptance in Italy-Spain-Portugal-Francis Xavier-France-Germany-Their First Planting in Austria-In Cologne and Ingolstadt-Thence Spread over all Germany-Their Schools-Wearing of Crosses-Revival of the Popish Faith.; pg 412, left and right columns.

"The soldiers of Loyola are about to go forth. Before beginning the campaign we see their chief assembling them and pointing out the field on which their prowess is to be displayed. The nations of Christendom are in revolt: it will be theirs to subjugate them, and lay them once more, bound in chains, at the feet of the Papal See. They must not faint; the arms he has provided them with are amply sufficient for the arduous warfare on which he sends them. Clad in that armour, and wielding it as he has been at pains to instruct them, they will expel knowledge as night chases away the day; liberty will die wherever their foot treads; and in the ancient darkness they will be able to rear again the fallen throne of the great Hierarch of Rome. But if the service is hard, the wages will be ample. As the saviours of that throne they will be greater than it. And though meanwhile their work is to be done in great show of humility and poverty, the silver and the gold of Christendom will in the end be theirs; they will be the lords of its lands and palaces, the masters of the bodies and the souls of its inhabitants, and nothing of all that the heart can desire will be withholden from them if only they will obey him.

The Jesuits rapidly multiplied, and we are now to follow them in the peregrinations over Europe. Going forth in little bands, animated with an entire devotion to their General, schooled in all the arts which could help to further their mission, they planted themselves in a few years in all the countries of Christendom, and made their presence felt in the turning of the tide of Protestantism, which till then had been on the flow.

There was no disguise they could not assume, and therefore there was no place into which they could not penetrate. They could enter unheard the closet of the monarch, or the cabinet of the statesman. They could sit unseen in Convocation or General Assembly, and mingle unsuspected in the deliberations and debates. There was no tongue they could not speak, and no creed they could not profess, and thus there was no people among whom they might not sojourn, and no Church whose membership they [left column to right column] might not enter, and whose functions they might not discharge. They could execrate the Pope with the Lutheran, and swear the Solemn League with the Covenanter. They had their men of learning and eloquence for the halls of nobles and the courts of kings; their men of science and letters for the education of youth; their unpolished but ready orators to harangue the crowd; and their plain, unlettered monks, to visit the cottages of the peasantry and the workshops of the artisan. "I know these men," said Joseph II. of Austria, writing to Choiseul, the Prime Minister of Louis XV.-- "I know these men as well as any one can do: all the schemes they have carried on, and the pains they have taken to spread darkness over the earth, as well as their efforts to rule and embroil Europe from Cape Finisterre to Spitzbergen! In China they were mandarins; in France, academicians, courtiers, and confessors; in Spain and Portugal, grandees; and in Paraguay, kings. Had not my grand-uncle, Joseph I., become emperor, we had in all probability seen in Germany, too, a Malagrida or an Alvieros."

In order that they might be at liberty to visit what city and diocese they pleased, they were exempted from episcopal jurisdiction. They could come and go at their pleasure, and perform all their functions without having to render account to any one save to their superior. This arrangement was resisted at first by certain prelates; but it was universally conceded at last, and it greatly facilitated the wide and rapid diffusion of the Jesuit corps. ..." - The history of Protestantism

5. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Nothing is really wrong with your question, except it replaces a plural with a singular. Not "race", but "races".

Then take up the Webster's 1828 diction for the word "species", and "races". This was the dictionary primarily used for the words found in the Testimonies. You may find that here - Websters Dictionary 1828 - American Dictionary of the English Language If you are interested in an actual answer, begin there, then go back to the context of the statements made, and the answer is right there, a provided twice now.

For instance, notice the context of the pre-flood:

“Those who honored and feared to offend God, at first felt the curse but lightly; while those who turned from God and trampled upon his authority, felt the effects of the curse more heavily, especially in stature and nobleness of form.”​

Thus we see already a separation, a delineation, of which scripture gives:

Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Gen 6:11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.​

Gen_6:12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.​

Notice, that through sin, and improper sexual union, "all flesh had corrupted his way". This means that a physical change was taking place, not merely the spiritual degredation.

So after the flood, similar things continued to take place, especially from Ham's line and among the Canaanites in particular, and others after them, etc.

Jesus even said as it was in the days of Noe, that it would be the same even in our own day, the last days just before His coming. Hosea speaks of it. Paul speaks of it:

Hos 4:1 Hear the word of the LORD, ye children of Israel: for the LORD hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land.
    Hos 4:2 By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood.
    Hos 4:3 Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away.

Rom_8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.​

Peter and other speak of it.

Consider such degraded (in flesh) forms as the Pygmies in various countries. Consider the Hapsburgs (inbred, literally dying from genetic load) or the Indo-Turkish Mongoloid or certain Hindi-Muslim populations peoples, or Aboriginal (Indigenous populations) in South America, Australia, Asia, etc, but not just with the 'darker' or more 'melanin' skinned, but also in the 'lighter' or less melanin populations like the Scandinavians, Irish, etc (Most of Europe knows about these things, and have written on it for years, and especially in the lines of Kings, etc). In many cases there is inbreeding until their genetic load is too much, and causes incurable diseases, suffering on a scale unknown to most, this is similarly seen in various animal populations as well, like the German Shepherd, with constant hip displacement, the Chihuahua, which constantly shakes from nervousness (genetically a dead end). Consider the various genetic mutations that are arising from such things in both the human as well as the animal kingdom populations. There are other examples as these. It doesn't mean that person which belong to those genetic bottlenecks and dead ends cannot be saved, or have a relationship with Jesus Christ, or know the Creator. It's talking about flesh, not spirit.

When sister White uses the word "races", she is not saying that the persons she refers to are not human or of man-kind. She is referring to geographical or isolated population uses.

Now, what will the Jesuits do with such information they already know and acknowledge among their own writing? Consider Teilhard and others. For Catholicism in General see "races of men" here in the Search field - NEW ADVENT: Home They even speak of Noah's sons as contributing to three great "races of men".

6. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    John Adams, president of the United States:

The Works Of John Adams, Second President of the United States: with A Life of the Author, Notes and Illustrations, by his grandson Charles Francis Adams. Volume X; Boston: Little, Brown and Company. 1856. - entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1856, by Charles Francis Adams in the Clerk's office of the District Court of the District of Massachusetts. Riverside. Cambridge: Stereotyped and Printed by H. O. Houghton and Company., pg 216,219; 168

"To Thomas Jefferson. Quincy, 6 May, 1816... [pg 216]

[pg 219]... I do not like the late resurrection of the Jesuits. They have a general now in Russia, in correspondence with the Jesuits in the United States, who are more numerous than everybody knows. Shall we not have regular swarms of them here, in as many disguises as ever a king of the gypsies, Bampfylde Moore Carew himself, assumed? In the shape of printers, editors, writers, schoolmasters, &c.? I have lately read Pascal's letters over again, and four volumes of the History of the Jesuits. If ever any congregation of men could merit eternal perdition on earth and in hell, according to these historians, though, like Pascal, true Catholics, it is this company of Loyola. ..."

"To F. A. Vanderkemp. Philadelphia, 13 July, 1815. ... [pg 168]

... I have read D'Argen's Ocellus, Timaeus, and Julian. Instead of being sincere, he appears to me to be a consumate hypocrite, in the beginning, the middle, and the end; the most frank, candid, impudent, and sincere liar I ever read. It is plain that he believed neither the Old Testament nor New, neither Moses nor Jesus. He labors to destroy the credibility of the whole Bible, and all the evidence of a future state, and all this for the sake of establishing the infallibility of the Pope and the church, the necessity of forbidding the Bible to the people, and placing all religion in grace, and its offspring, faith. Among all the disciples of Loyola, I never read a more perfect Jesuit. He is a complete exemplification of Condorcet's "precious confessions," as you called them. You speak of his "superficial reflections." I have not found them. They are all deep, and aiming at the same end, a complete system of Antichristianity. ..." - The Works of John Adams, Second President of the United States

7. utilyan

Site Supporter

"Since the flood there has been amalgamation of man and beast,"

This doesn't mean it all happened BEFORE the flood, It means its been happening SINCE then.

"as may be seen in the endless varieties of species of animals and certain races of men.""

Which race is that? says who?

In reply to inquiries regarding the advisability of intermarriage between Christian young people of the white and black races, I will say that in my earlier experience this question was brought before me, and the light given me of the Lord was that this step should not be taken; for it is sure to create controversy and confusion. I have always had the same counsel to give. No encouragement to marriages of this character should be given among our people. Let the colored brother enter into marriage with a colored sister who is worthy, one who loves God, and keeps His commandments. Let the white sister who contemplates uniting in marriage with the colored brother refuse to take this step, for the Lord is not leading in this direction. 2SM 344.1

^Is it a sin against God for one your people to marry a white person as Ellen G White teaches?
    "light given me of the Lord"

8. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I didn't say it did. Please re-read what I stated. "... So after the flood, similar things continued to take place, especially from Ham's line and among the Canaanites in particular, and others after them, etc. ..."

Thank you.

https://www.holycross.edu/sites/default/files/files/CREC/pil_schapker.pdf

Contemporary Paintings on Ignatian Spirituality, by Holly Schapker, an alumna of a Jesuit school, see small intro pg 21 and then see pg 24 for the "serpent" on right hand side, subtitled with the following quotation (also notice the small blue butterfly for the MK-MONARCH program),

"One of Ignatius Loyola’s spiritual visions was a serpent-like creature that helped him understand the differences between good and evil."

It can also be seen here:

[​IMG]

https://archive.org/download/roman-...t/Roman Catholicisim - The Jesuit Serpent.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. utilyan

Site Supporter

TELL us is your people allowed to Marry white people? Or is that a SIN AGAINST GOD's "leading direction"?

I love the way your eye sight shuts off when challenged.

Your quoting something else doesn't change the fact of what she said, We are talking about what your GODDESS Ellen G White wrote.

"Every species of animal which God had created, were preserved in the ark. The confused species which God did not create, which were the result of amalgamation, were destroyed by the flood. Since the flood there has been amalgamation of man and beast, as may be seen in the endless varieties of species of animals and certain races of men." —Spiritual Gifts, Vol. 3, p.75, 1864.

In reply to inquiries regarding the advisability of intermarriage between Christian young people of the white and black races, I will say that in my earlier experience this question was brought before me, and the light given me of the Lord was that this step should not be taken; for it is sure to create controversy and confusion. I have always had the same counsel to give. No encouragement to marriages of this character should be given among our people. Let the colored brother enter into marriage with a colored sister who is worthy, one who loves God, and keeps His commandments. Let the white sister who contemplates uniting in marriage with the colored brother refuse to take this step, for the Lord is not leading in this direction. 2SM 344.1

^Is it a sin against God for one your people to marry a white person as Ellen G White teaches?
    "light given me of the Lord"

• Like Like x 1
  10. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hey utilyan,

No, my eye sight does not 'shut off when challenged'. I consider everything you say objectively, and with a mind toward what does God's word (the Bible) says, and sister White, as a messenger of the LORD, is tested by what is written in the Bible. I do not know if you can accept what I say as truth on that, but I pray you might. I have no hard feelings toward you, or Walter or any Roman Catholic, you are not really the Enemy I am warring against, and pray that you might one day know what I know in my experiences. Some days I desire if I could just show you all of that, or even portions of God has led so that you might understand me and where I truly stand. Sister White doesn't get a 'pass' on anything utilyan, but rather she is 'tested' on all things, as scripture commands me to do (1 Thess. 5:19-21). Sometimes it takes deep study and prayer (and sometimes years of thinking on the subject) to understand what is given by the messenger of the LORD, even as scripture, as I have tested, they are given by the same Holy Spirit, and what God shares is often deep and comprehensive, even though given in plain language. Several examples can be shown from the Bible as a foundational starting point.

"... We are one brotherhood. No matter what the gain or the loss, we must act nobly and courageously in the sight of God and our Saviour. Let us as Christians who accept the principle that all men, white and black, are free and equal, adhere to this principle, and not be cowards in the face of the world, and in the face of the heavenly intelligences. We should treat the colored man just as respectfully as we would treat the white man. And we can now, by precept and example, win others to this course. ..." - 2SM, 343.1​

Ok, so to address your question, can you point to where sister White, and the Spirit associated with the material you are citing, stated "It is a sin" to "marry" between "White" and "Black" (late 1800 - early 1900 use)?

I have never read that in the two places you cited, nor anywhere else in the SoP/ToJ. The words, "... it is sure to create controversy and confusion ...", & "... No encouragement ..." and "... the Lord is not leading in this direction ..." is not the same as "It is sin" to do otherwise. The entire context of the statements is about how to Evangelize in the South, and amongst the "black" (man-kind) communities. The Bible says not to be "unevenly yoked", and this consideration is not merely on the spiritual level (as here: "Another subject to which Nehemiah's attention was called on his return to Jerusalem, was the danger that threatened Israel from intermarriage and association with idolaters." - SW, July 5, 1904), but even at the physical level (and linguistic levels, "This assimilation to the language of the heathen was an indication of the inroads made by heathenism." - ibid). As for instance, a 7 foot man, is not really the best suited mate for a 4 foot woman, or vice-versa.

Again, the White Estate themselves:

"Chap. 42 - Counsel Regarding Intermarriage [NOTE: THESE MESSAGES WERE WRITTEN BY ELLEN G. WHITE IN 1896 AND 1912. REPEATED STATEMENTS FROM HER PEN CONCERNING RACIAL RELATIONSHIPS CLEARLY INDICATE THAT HER COUNSEL ON INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE IS NOT AN ISSUE OF RACIAL INEQUALITY; BUT ESSENTIALLY A QUESTION OF ADVISABILITY OR INADVISABILITY STEMMING FROM CIRCUMSTANCES AND CONDITIONS THAT COULD RESULT IN "CONTROVERSY, CONFUSION AND BITTERNESS." SEE APPENDIX 2, "IMPORTANT FACTORS IN CHOOSING A LIFE COMPANION." ELLEN G. WHITE HAS REPEATEDLY REAFFIRMED HER UNDERSTANDING OF, AND FIRM BELIEF IN, THE EQUALITY OF ALL RACES AND THE BROTHERHOOD OF MANKIND. SEE APPENDIX 3, "THE BROTHERHOOD OF MANKIND."--WHITE TRUSTEES.]"​

Notice the specific reason:

"... But there is an objection to the marriage of the white race with the black. All should consider that they have no right to entail upon their offspring that which will place them at a disadvantage; they have no right to give them as a birthright a condition which would subject them to a life of humiliation. The children of these mixed marriages have a feeling of bitterness toward the parents who have [344] given them this lifelong inheritance. For this reason, if there were no other, there should be no intermarriage between the white and the colored race.--Manuscript 7, 1896. {2SM 343.2} ..." - 2SM, 343.2​

So, if there is actually "sin", it is not in the marriage itself, but in the selfishness, and inconsideration given to the children that would be of that union. It would be bringing trouble to the children, and in that sense, the words of Jesus come into play, about offending one of the little ones or causing them to stumble because of our own selfishness.

Can you also show me where the texts of 3SG, pg.75 (1864) and 2SM, pg. 344.1 (1958 comp. citing ARSH, Jan. 21, 1896) are directly connected, or speaking about the same subject? As far as I read, they are not speaking about the same thing, are written in differing places and over 30 years apart. Why do you connect the two in your mind?

Finally, utilyan, I have no "GODDESS" (sic), but worship JEHOVAH Elohiym alone and revere His word (the Bible), and thus as such believe that God would send prophets, even in the last days. I hope you accept my statement as truth and fact. if not, I retain my peace on the subject, even if you do not. Thus I will finish where your citation 'ended', completing the thought and reason:

"... Time is too precious to be lost in controversy that will arise over this matter. Let not questions of this kind be permitted to call our ministers from their work. The taking of such a step will create confusion and hindrance. It will not be for the advancement of the work or for the glory of God.--Letter 36, 1912. {2SM 344.2}

The Lord looks upon the creatures He has made with compassion, no matter to what race they may belong. God "hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth."... Speaking to His disciples the Saviour said, "All ye are brethren." God is our common Father, and each one of us is our brother's keeper.--The Review and Herald, Jan. 21, 1896. {2SM 344.3} ..."​

"... In the past some attempts have been made to present the truth to the colored people, but those among the white people who claim to believe the truth have wanted to build a high partition between themselves and the colored race. We have one Saviour, who has died for the black man as well as for the white man, and those who possess the Spirit of Christ will have love and pity for all who know not the precious Saviour. They will labor to the utmost of their ability to wipe away the reproach of ignorance from white and black alike. {SpM 15.3}

From the light God has given me, the blood of souls will surely be found upon the garments of those who, like the priest and Levite, are passing by on the other side. ..." - SpM, 15.3-4​

So, please do not take the statements out of their context, or time settings, and especially I would counsel you to not attempt to make them say something they do not, for what you sow utilyan, you are about to reap 30, 60 or 100 fold. it is guaranteed law of sowing of God. I tell you in love, and not harshness.

For all the time you spend trying to find some evil thing amongst the Seventh-day Adventist, or even sister White, I would ask you to spend even 1/2 that time reading into the Jesuit order, its history, origins, purposes, and current machinations among the nations. They are bold these days. For instance, study carefully the statements of the Jesuits on the resurrection, and you will find they do not actually believe in the physical resurrection of Jesus.

"... In Foundations of Christian Faith, published in German in 1976, two years after the first Dutch edition of Schillebeeckx's Jesus, Rahner observed that "we miss the meaning of `resurrection' in general and also of the resurrection of Jesus ... if our original preconception is the notion of a resuscitation of a physical, material body." Rather than a resuscitation..." - http://www.thefreelibrary.com/BODILY...ES.-a062087919

#30 Alofa Atu, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  11. utilyan

Site Supporter

LOL, Laughing because of your obvious damage control.

"So, if there is actually "sin", it is not in the marriage itself, but in the selfishness, and inconsideration given to the children that would be of that union. It would be bringing trouble to the children, and in that sense, the words of Jesus come into play, about offending one of the little ones or causing them to stumble because of our own selfishness."

So you are saying people who have interracial parents are mistakes who should never exist in the first place, Interesting.

Maybe that's why the SDA supports their Pro-abortion stance.

"As for instance, a 7 foot man, is not really the best suited mate for a 4 foot woman, or vice-versa."

Moronic, pseudo science.

"but even at the physical level (and linguistic levels, "This assimilation to the language of the heathen was an indication of the inroads made by heathenism."

If its a sin for speaking Pagan English or to white people, what are you doing here?

"For all the time you spend trying to find some evil thing amongst the Seventh-day Adventist, or even sister White, I would ask you to spend even 1/2 that time reading into the Jesuit order, its history, origins, purposes, and current machinations among the nations."

See my objections come from ACTUAL SDA SOURCES, Not ANTI-SDA sources.

Your sources are ANTI-CATHOLIC conspiracy theorist. You literally accused them of being freemasons, devil worshippers, pagans, illuminati. In this thread you said they were all these things.

I just point out your RACIST HATRED which you are not even denying.

I will defend SDA and point out I don't think any of its general conference top-dogs would agree with your racism and stone age science.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "... Cardinal Contarini now came forward to advocate the suit of Loyola, and prevailed on the pope to issue the Bull, [Regimini militantis Ecclesiae, 27th Sept. 1540.] for the establishment of Jesuitism. Contarini was the professed opponent of Augustine on the doctrine of Grace. He was the intimate friend of Ignatius, and succeeded in imbuing both his companions with his particular sentiments. Accordingly when Lainez and Salmeron appeared, as Popish deputies, at the Council of Trent, they were charged with leaning to Pelagian opinions -- Nay it has been said, a cry of indignation was expressed --- "Away with those Pelagians." +

Amongst those who uttered this indignant exclamation, was the celebrated Michael Baius, ++ who may be justly termed the predecessor of Jansenius. This learned Dominican was professor of Divinity, at Louvaine, and had been elected deputy to attend the Council, by the king of Spain. He was a zealous papist, and had risen to the high office of Inquisitor-general. But though bigotted in his attachment to Popery, he remained stedfast to the principles of Augustine, and felt a strong aversion to scholastic theology. Amongst all his errors, he maintained the doctrine of justification by faith, the fallen condition of man, and the insufficiency of [page 156-157]

... + "Chassez ces Pelagiens." Hist. Jes. Vol. 4. p. 93. Salmeron was also accused of heterodoxy, respecting the oblation of Christ in the Lord's Supper. Father Paul, p. 518. London, 1676. ++ Note I.

good works to merit pardon and salvation. The Franciscans and the Jesuits made a common cause against him. -- But he defended himself, under the authority of the Bishop of Hippo, and when Pius V. and Gregory XIII. condemned certain propositions drawn from his writings, many zealous papists considered him unjustly treated, and denounced their edicts, as devoid of all authority. * ...

* Whoever wishes to study the charges of the Romish church against the Jesuits, on their doctrinal heresies respecting Grace and Justification, should read the "Historia Congregationum de Auxiliis," Le Blanc. Lovanii, 1700. It will amply repay the Theological student who desires to become master of this important controversy, on which the present argument so mainly depends. ..." - The Jesuits: an historical sketch by Edward William Grinfield (1853), pages 156-157 - The Jesuits: an historical sketch

The book mentioned under the authorship of Le Blanc, is as follows (by 'Father' Serry, under the pseudonym of Auguste Leblanc):

Historia Congregationum de Auxiliis,
    Historia Congregationum De Auxiliis Divinae Gratiae0

See also:

"... What was the origin of that order? It may be stated in a few words. In the year 1534, on August 16th, an ex-officer and "Knight of the Virgin," from the Biscayan Provinces, and the proprietor of the magnificent castle of Casa Solar -- Ignatius Loyola, § became the hero of the following incident. In the subterranean chapel of the Church of Montmartre, surrounded by a few priests and students of theology, he received their pledges to devote their whole lives to the spreading of Roman Catholicism by every and all means, whether good or foul; and [page 266-267] he was thus enabled to establish a new Order. Loyola proposed to his six chief companions that their Order should be a militant one, in order to fight for the interests of the Holy seat of Roman Catholicism. Two means were adopted to make the object answer; the education of the youth, and proselytism (apostolat). This was during the reign of Pope Paul III., who gave his full sympathy to the new scheme. Hence in 1540 was published the famous papal bull -- Regimini militantis Ecclesiae (the regiment of the warring, or militant Church) -- after which the Order began increasing rapidly in numbers and power.

At the death of Loyola, the society counted more than one thousand Jesuits, though admission into the ranks was, as alleged, surrounded with extraordinary difficulties. It was another celebrated and unprecedented bull, issued by Pope Julius the III. in 1552, that brought the Order of Jesus to such eminence and helped it towards such rapid increase; for it placed the society outside and beyond the jurisdiction of local ecclesiastical authority, granted the Order its own laws, and permitted it to recognise but one supreme authority --- that of its General, whose residence was then at Rome. The results of such an arrangement proved fatal to the Secular Church. High prelates and Cardinals had very often to tremble before a simple subordinate of the Society of Jesus. Its generals always got the upper hand in Rome, and enjoyed the unlimited confidence of the Popes, who thus frequently became tools in the hands of the order. Naturally enough, in those days when political power was one of the rights of the "Vice-gerants of God" -- the strength of the crafty society became simply tremendous. In the name of the Popes, the Jesuits thus granted to themselves unheard-of privileges, which they enjoyed unstintedly ..." - Lucifer - A Theosophical Magazine, by H. P. Blavatsky and Mabel Collins, Volume 2, pages 266-267 - Lucifer

13. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We mustn't forget the Canadian Jesuits (especially Jesuit owned Quebec):

"... In 1635, Brebeuf declined to accompany Huron ambassadors to the Five Nations Iroquois to confirm the peace then being negotiated. The nominal reasons he gave for his refusal were unconvincing. He said he could not leave the Huron because "Gospel Law" was not yet established among them, and that he "would not go to any place where we would not be immediately recognized as Preachers of Jesus Christ" (JR 8:117). William N. Fenton (1940: 227) has suggested his real reason was probably "because a Huron-Iroquois peace would ruin the Quebec trade interests if the trade from the Upper Lakes were diverted to Fort Orange." Brebeuf not only prevented peace but advocated for an international war to his Superior in order to drive "The Dutch ... entirely out of these territories. Because they are heretics ... the Iroquois themselves ought to be crushed by force of arms. May God grant this favour." For this, one of his biographers described Brebeuf as evidencing [page 187-188] "vindictiveness one would hardly expect from such a saintly man" (Donnelly 1875:209, part citing Latourelle 1953: 107-114). This may have been the Brebeuf the Huron knew, and explain why disaffected Huron later guided Iroquois warriors to Huronia, and intently tortured, with intensity, Brebeuf and his companion Father Gabriel Lalemane to death (JR 34: 141,145). Father Jean de Brebeuf indeed died a martyr (JR 34: 139), not for religion but for the fur trade. ..." - Petun to Wyandot: The Ontario Petun from the Sixteenth Century, by Charles Garrad, pages 187-188 - Petun to Wyandot

#33 Alofa Atu, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  14. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jesuits can sin, without penalty, by an order of a superior or in virtue of holy obedience, as is expedient, or for the 'greater good' (Ad majorem dei gloriam):

"... no constitutions, declarations, or regime of living can oblige under mortal or venial sin, unless the superior orders the subjects in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ or in virtue of holy obedience, c which may be done in regard to things and persons where it is judged to be highly expedient for the particular good of each one or for the universal good. ..." - The Constitutions of the Society of Jesus, page 266 (Part VI, Chapter 5, The Constitutions do not oblige under pain of sin.) - The Constitutions of the Society of Jesus : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They dominated both my church life and my school life. I look at them as funny prevares of Catholicism having seen both their homosexual and extramarital affairs after telling you the student it’s forbidden. Personally, I prefer the Franciscans & Augistinians if you can find them. At Saint Francis church on 34 th in NYC caters to both spiritual and physical needs.

#35 Earth Wind and Fire, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps you have been injured by them in some way... this would explain all the vitriol and rush to insult and vilify. When you take men and rev up their egos and plant pure BS into their brains you get strange reactions. Put them into some supposed quasi elite fraternity and this is the result.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. utilyan

Site Supporter

SDA's are taught this. The look on their face if you tell them you are catholic says it all.....literally told one day catholic will kill them in their sleep for not worshipping on Sunday.

How do you compete when a prophet calls you evil?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can only appeal by showing the word of God Vs. some worldly human profit. In other words, why do you not believe God??? Spiritual Vs man made.

19. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A complete History of the Popes of Rome ... Vol. I, by Louis-Marie de Lahaye viacomte de Cormenin

"... [page 894, right-hand column] From this period, the history of the congregation of Jesus is but a registry of a long train of disasters; already expelled from China and Portugal, the good fathers found themselves arrested in one day throughout all Spain, by order of Charles the Third, and conducted to different sea ports and sent to Italy.

France did not long delay in imitating the example of Spain, and drove beyond the mountains, the cohorts of Jesuits who infested the provinces. The king of the Two Sicilies also drove them from his dominions. Don Ferdinand, the duke of Parma and Placenza, infant of Spain, followed the political impulse of his family, and extirpated them from his domains. The soil of Italy was polluted by this unclean slime which the nations had rejected, and which they had sent back to Rome, the fountain of all corruption. The pope was soon alarmed by the prodigious number of Jesuits which fell upon the patrimony of St. Peter ... [page 894 right-hand column ... page 895 right-hand column]

... But the impulse was given, and his tardy submission could not prevent the progress of the reform. The Catholic powers continued to trace out, definitely, the line of demarcation between the spiritual and the temporal power, and made it a condition of peace that the pope should suppress the institution of the Jesuits. Clement, too weak to resist the princes of the house of Bourbon, determined, finally, to sacrifice the satellites of the papacy, and announced that he would pronounce the abolition of the society in a public consistory. This imprudent declaration was the cause of his death; the good fathers were on their guard, and on the night preceding the day appointed for this solemn act of justice, the holy father was seized with strange pains, and expired in convulsions at four o'clock on the morning of the 2d of February, 1769. The Jesuits had poisoned him. ..." - A complete History of the Popes of Rome ... Vol. I, by Louis-Marie de Lahaye viacomte de Cormenin, pages 894-895, selected sections - https://ia601400.us.archive.org/7/i...ormenin - A Complete History Of The Popes.pdf

"... [page 897, right-hand column] Clement the Fourteeneth continued his minute inquiry, regardless of the threats or obstacles of every kind which he met on his way. He had, however, judged it prudent to take certain precautions to avoid the terrible fate of his predecessor. Thus he had replaced the cook of the Quirinal palace by a good monk, named Francis, who, from devotion to him, had consented to serve as his cook and prepare the dishes destined for his table.

Nothing could intimidate the virtuous Ganganelli, and when, after four years of close inquiries, he found himself sufficiently enlightened concerning the crimes of the congregation, he launched the celebrated bull "Dominus ac Redemptor." The decree which abolished the society was thus framed, :Inspired by the Holy Spirit, urged on by the duty of bringing back concord into the bosom of the church, convinced that the congregation of the Jesuits can no longer render the services for which our predecessor, Paul the Third, instituted them, induced, moreover, by other motives which morality commands us to confine in our own soul, by virtue of our sovereign authority in religious matters, we abolish and for ever destroy the Society of Jesus, its functions, its houses, and its institutions." In signing this bull, Clement said with a sigh, "I sign my death warrant, but I obey my conscience."

This sentence was immediately notified to the professed house, and the other colleges, by the deputies of the commission of inquiry. To prevent all rebellion, his holiness arrested the general of the order, Laurenzo Ricci, his assistant, the secretary general, Fathers Faure, Forestier, and Guatier, who were conducted to the castle of San Angelo. From that time Clement redoubled his precautions to free himself from the vengeance of his enemies, and renewed his recommendations to the good Franciscan to watch the kitchen --"Fra Francisco," he said to him, "cadate a la pignata,"--"Brother Francis, watch the pot." The active prudence of the good monk did not disconcert the Jesuits, it only rendered them more ingenious. The following was the infernal trick they employed to attain their ends. A lady of the Sabine, entirely devoted to them, had a tree in her garden which bore the handsomest figs in Rome. The reverend fathers, knowing that the pope loved this fruit very much, induced the lady to disguise herself as [page 897 right-hand column to page 898 left-hand column] a peasant and go and present these figs to Brother Francis. The devotee did so several times, gained the confidence of the Franciscan, and once day slipped into the basket a fig larger than the others, into which a subtle poison, called aquetta, was injected. Up to this time the holy father had enjoyed perfect health; he was well made, though of the ordinary height; his voice was sonorous and strong; he walked with the activity of a young man, and everything presaged a long old age to him.

From that day his health failed in an extraordinary manner; it was remarked with alarm, that his voice was sensibly failing. To those first symptoms of his sickness was joined so violent an inflammation of his throat that he was obliged to keep his mouth constantly open; vomiting then succeeded the inflammation, accompanied by pains in his bowels; finally, the sickness increasing in intensity, he discovered that he was poisoned. He wished to make use of antidotes, but it was too late, the evil was beyond remedy, and he had only to wait the close of his [left-hand column to right-hand column] life. For the three months that he endured this terrible agony, his courage never failed him for a moment; one day only, after a more violent crisis than all the others, he said, "Alas, I knew well that they would poison me, but I did not expect to die in so slow and cruel a manner." He became, if we may so speak, the shadow of himself; his flesh was eaten out by the corrosive action of the aquetta, his very bones were attacked and became softened, contorting his members and giving them a hideous form; at last, God took pity on the poor victim of the execrable Jesuits, and recalled him to himself, on the 22d of September, 1774, at seven and a half o'clock in the morning. An authentic piece, the despatch of the embassador of Spain, relates in its fullest details, the examination of the dead body, which was made the day succeeding his death, and adds to the irrefutable proofs of the poisoning of the pontiff and the guilt of the Jesuits.

Thus were realised the threats of the Jesuits, and their sinister predictions were accomplished! ..." - A complete History of the Popes of Rome ... Vol. I, by Louis-Marie de Lahaye viacomte de Cormenin, pages 897-898 - https://ia601400.us.archive.org/7/i...ormenin - A Complete History Of The Popes.pdf

20. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Richard Wigginton Thompson - Ex-Secretary of the United States Navy - Richard W. Thompson - Wikipedia

"... In his conflict with the Italian people for the re-possession of temporal power, by overthrowing the Constitutional Government they have established, the pope could not find another ally so formidable as the Jesuits, nor one with such implacable hatred of liberalism and popular government. Their society is so united and compact that its ranks can not be broken. They are everywhere the same, moved by a common impulse, under the dictation of their general in Rome. They are the deadly enemies of civil and religious liberty. Nothing that stands in their way can become so sacred as to escape their vengeance. Protestantism has borne no fruits to which they have ever been reconciled. They consider the Reformation which gave birth to it to have been criminal resistance to the only rightful authority upon earth -- that which proceeds from Church and State combined. They believe that the condition of mankind during the Middle Ages, staggering under the weight of feudal oppression, was preferable to modern progress and enlightenment; that human happiness would be promoted by the return to that period; that the political right of self-government by the people can not be set up against the higher right of papal and monarchial power; that the progress of the advancing nations is delusive and unsubstantial; and that institutions which guarantee civil and religious freedom, if not arrested by some coercive power strong enough to put an end to them, will lead, through heresy, to social ruin and desolation. If, at the period of the Reformation, this society had not been [page 28-29] established for the express purpose of counteracting its influence, a knowledge of the difference between primitive Christianity and the prevailing dogmas might have led to such reforms as would have reconciled Christians to dwell together in peace and concord. But when a dove should have been sent forth bearing the olive-branch of Christian charity, this society sprang from the brain of a disappointed military adventurer, and began at once to scatter the seeds of strife and discord. Almost from the beginning it has been a disturber of the peace of nations, suffering only such as have bestowed patronage upon it to escape its maledictions and its plottings.

The members of this society are numerous and powerful in the United States. They are constantly increasing, mainly by accessions from their drilled and disciplined companions in Europe, but also by conversions of unsuspecting young men, who are seduced by their vain and supercilious pretensions as educators. They are, as they have always been, selfish and vindictive -- restless under opposition, and compromising in nothing. They have neither country, nor homes, nor families, nor friendships beyond the limits of their order -- none of the affections of the heart which give charm to life and social intercourse -- being required to abandon all these and fit themselves for uninquiring obedience to their general, whose commands, whether right or wrong, good or bad, they have solemnly vowed to execute, without the least regard for consequences. Having persistently refused to become reconciled to the forms and methods of Christian civilization which prevail among our Protestant population, they employ all the resources they can command in endeavoring to arrest them. They insist that Church and State shall be united wheresoever they are separate, and that the basis of such union shall be the subordination of the State to the Church. Self-government by the people is held by them to be violative of the divine law, and on that account may rightly be resisted as heretical, when its overthrow can be assured. They will allow no rights to exist in either States, peoples, or individuals, against what they consider the prerogatives of their so- [page 29-30] ciety as defined by their general, who, in their estimation, possesses the divine right to enlarge or contract them at his own pleasure. There must be no limitation to the power and independence of the pope, either in the spiritual or temporal domain, except where the interests of their society command otherwise; they must be full, absolute, unquestioned, to the extent defined by himself. His liberty must be such that he may, at his own discretion, curtail the liberties of all others. His spiritual sovereignty must include whatsoever he shall embrace within it. Neither the existence nor the extent of this sovereignty must be brought in question before any human tribunal; but he alone shall define it, together with the character of the obedience he shall exact. And if, in the course of the papal economy, he should ever find it necessary to hold in one hand emblems of harmony and peace, this restless and uncompromising society stands always ready to place the rod of chastisement in the other.

The conflict of opinions, therefore, in which the Protestant people of the United States find themselves engaged is not of their own inviting. They are unwilling parties to it. It had its origin in the spirit of aggression which prevails among those who have stronger sympathy for an alien power than for the right of self-government, and, on account of their peculiar fitness for the work, it will engage every Jesuit tongue and pen in the land. Because of this, a sense of both duty and security demands that the history and character of this skilled and powerful adversary -- alien in birth, growth, and sentiment --- should be understood; as also the causes which have led to the expulsion of the Jesuits from every country in Europe, the public odium which has rested upon them for many years, their long-continued disturbance of the peace of nations, and the final suppression and abolition of their society ..." - The Footprint of the Jesuits, by Richard Wigginton Thompson (Ex-Secretary of the Navy, and Author of "The Papacy and the Civil Power"), pages 28-30 - The Footprints of the Jesuits