1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Jesus 2nd coming is yet future

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Calypsis4, Jun 7, 2018.

1. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are so ignorant. The preterists don't believe that the pope is antichrist AND I AM NO MORE PRETERIST THAN YOU, less in fact because both preterism and futurism are Jesuit teachings.

2. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh I accept the year a day in Daniel and revelation. Sixty nine weeks till the coming of Messiah when John said "Behold the Lamb of God, which takes away the sins of the world." and God said from heaven "This is my Son" and Jesus then said "Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,"

Jesus was the Most Holy who was anointed .Jesus was cut off after the 69th week that is in the 70th week and that in the midst of the week when he caused the sacrifice to fail, it didn't fail straight away because God gave them that generation to repent but when they didn't the sacrifice failed before that generation passed away. Their house was left desolate on that generation, (Matt 23.)

Seventy weeks were determined on the Jews and the temple. From the time Cyrus published the command for the Jews to return and build the city and temple were seven weeks , 49 years, when the city and temple were rebuilt, 62 to the Messiah, and seven for the ministry of the Messiah, ½ week for the personal ministry of Jesus and ½ week for the continued ministry through the apostles during which time gospel was confined to the Jews, till Peter took it to
    Cornelius.

3. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The days of vengeance, just like 'that generation' is NOT over.

Now would you please post others?

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The FP could well be a prominent RC. I believe the RCC will play a big role in boosting the AC to power, just as it did Hitler in the 1930s. And in Rev. 17 we see the harlot representing the city of Rome riding the 'beast'(empire of the AC), with that beasts later turning on her.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, YOU are ignorant of Scripture by saying the AC is the line of popes instead of one man who's yet to come.

6. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, the trib has not hit yet. When it does, it'll be a greater disaster than has ever come upon the earth. Jesus said that if it weren't to be cut short, it'd destroy all flesh (man & animal) on earth.

Right now, WW2 is the worst disaster ever, but the coming trib will be far-greater. read all about it in Rev. 16.

And Jesus said that, IMMEDIATELY AFTER this great trib, there'll be a great cosmological disturbance, during which, He will return.

7. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, the "days of vengeance" were in the 70 AD period. later, the jews were punished for-more-severely for their rejection of Jesus, beginning with their exile in 135-136 AD by Hadrian. from that time onward, the Jews were hated & persecuted wherever they went, with "Christian" peoples blaming them for Jesus' murder. 'Tis only by God's power that they weren't exterminated, and remained a distinct people.

This punishment culminated in the nazi holocaust, & since then, their acceptance worldwide has been better, and they again have their own sovereign nation, with Jerusalem as its capital.

8. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Question:

I've surmised that when the Church is raptured, two prominent political groups that will rise to power and dominate the world. I've speculated these to be the secular globalists and Islam. Right now, they are allies but that will change once their common enemy is gone. I've also speculated Islam fits many bills better than the RCC.

Is this a credible speculation? Or am I missing something big?

9. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are missing a great deal.

The saints will be raised on the last day.
    • John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
    • John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
    • John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
    • John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
    • John 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
    The last day is also the day of judgement
    • John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
    There can be no tribulation between then last day when the saints are raised and the last day when the sinners are judged.

10. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I rarely come to these battles anymore as I watch brethren bicker and fight about what is the right interpretation of scripture... When I hear brethren giving their different interpretations they overlook one thing, who is John talking too... Revelation is written in Apocalyptic Symbolism and it applies to me and you if you use the interpretation right... John is not my companion and brother in tribulation... This was directed to first century Christians and not to me and you in the way that brethren have turned the book of Revelation into some sci-fyi, horror Hollywood action adventure movie, since I have been on this board... It is directed to all those down though out history who face persecution for their faith in Jesus Christ... This was going on in John's day and it is still going on now... The focal point of Revelation is not me and you... The focal point all through the Bible is Jesus Christ... The book of Revelation is no different... Jesus Christ is still the focal point... Not the Anti-Christ, (there have been many Anti-Christ down through out history there will not be a main one) the Rapture, I believe in a Resurrection of The Dead, Resurrection mentioned 41 times in the New Testament where is the Rapture?... I do know one thing a lot of people make a lot of money spouting their Revelation rhetoric all the way to the bank and their rapture too... Does anyone on here really believe Jesus Christ will ever leave any of his blood bought grace wrought children behind?... What kind of heresy is that?... Those who believe in that go chase your rabbit trails... When will the Lord come?... Anytime!... I'm waiting till my change come!... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe that, once the church is raptured, the antichrist will have a ready explanation for the disappearance of millions of people that his proselytes will readily accept. While Islam is now a pox upon the world, rev. 17 shows the RCC will be one of the main boosters of this man to power & will seek to "ride" (control) him & his empire. However, the AC & his vassals will turn on the RCC, as Scripture indicates.

That is what led many people in the 1930s to believe Hitler was the 'beast', as the RC members of the Reichstag had passed the "Enabling Act" which gave him almost-absolute "emergency" power, & he then turned upon them. However, the coming 'beast' will far-surpass Hitler in power and evil.

Islam will be a leading factor in the "Gog-Magog" war against Israel. While the 'beast' will have brokered a deal which will have caused Israel to disarm, the underlying hatred of Islam for Israel will still be there & a group of Islamic peoples will enlist Russia's help to attack Israel.

12. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, Sir, but Scripture says differently. Daniel, Paul, and Jesus Himself, in the Revelation, all prophesied about a coming man who will be the most-evil person of all time & who will rule most of the world, and Jesus prophesied about a coming time of the greatest tribulation to ever hit all mankind. during that man's reign.

"Taking" Scripture LITERALLY AS POSSIBLE leaves no room for false interps, and remembering Scripture's symbolism always represents something literal cuts down on misunderstanding it.

13. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Before calling me ignorant again, I highly recommend you study to see what partial preterists believe & see if your stuff doesn't match theirs.

14. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In summary, I believe that in the 'rapture', Jesus will call all believers to Himself. I don't know where He will be at that time, except he won't yet be on the earth. His actuall return will be seen by ALL, as He has said, saint & sinner alike, including all the souls in hades, both paradise and 'torments'.

Yes, there will be only one actual return of Jesus, and, of course, it's still future.

15. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Second Coming will be physical historical event, not the spiritualize way JW and pretierists see it!

16. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have friends who are partial preterists and they don't believe that the Pope is Antichrist. I also have friends who are dispies, and they are not nasty like you.

The saints will be raised on the last day. (literal)

The sinners will be judged on the last day. (literal)

Where will you fit a seven year, or 3½ year tribulation between the last day and that last day?

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Revelation 20:5-6 when was that 1000 years between those 2 events factored in by you?

18. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not factored in by me. Literal scripture.

• John 6:39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
      • John 6:40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
      • John 6:44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
      • John 6:54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
      • John 11:24Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
      • John 12:48He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day
    It is you who has factored in 1000 years. If you reject His words, the last verse applies to you.

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John applied the 1000 years, and he was inspired Apostle, so why don't you?

20. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Agree Agree x 1