1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Jesus Christ The God-Man

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by SavedByGrace, May 24, 2021.

1. CJP69

CJP69 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes! The Creator became a man and died! God died! And then, by His own power, He rose from the dead.

I've asked you once already. Please answer me....

What does it mean to die?

#41 CJP69, May 15, 2024
    Last edited: May 15, 2024
  2. CJP69

CJP69 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unchanging?

He is unchanging in character but He BECAME a man and died and rose from the dead. That sounds like change to me!

I agree!

Except that He did become human! He wasn't human before the incarnation and He was after. How is that not a change?
    He was alive and had always been so and then He was dead. How is that not a change?
    He spent three days in the grave and rose from the dead with a new glorified physical body that He hadn't ever had prior to that point and that He retains to this day and forever more. How is that not a change?

There are aspects of you that are physical and others that are spiritual but you are only one person and you have one nature that is both physical and spiritual. An egg does not have three natures because it has a shell, a yolk and a white. It is one thing and it has it's parts by virtue of its nature. This is true of us and it is true of Christ. He is a (the) divine human being and by virtue of that fact His nature includes both the physical and the spiritual.

3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are different deaths.
    Death of the soul.
    Death of the body.
    Now God being eternal without beginning or end, Psalms 90:2, . . from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
    1 Timothy 1:17, Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever.

4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 10:28, . . . fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
    Revelation 20:15, And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
    Revelation 14:11, . . . the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, . . .

#44 37818, May 15, 2024
    Last edited: May 15, 2024
  5. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus Christ as Almighty God, CANNOT CHANGE!

It is clear that you cannot grasp the Person of Jesus Christ, so this makes it very difficulty explaining. Best is to ask the Holy Spirit give you understanding on this, as I have thus far failed!

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and to-day, yea and for ever. Heb 13

7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As God immutable. As the Son of God as someone with God. So to be both finite and temporal and infinite and immutable being God our Creator. John 1:3.

8. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    explain

9. CJP69

CJP69 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is not a trick question. Why won't people simply answer straightforward questions?

Do you know what it means to die or not?

If not, it isn't a crime, you know! Maybe its an opportunity to actually learn something.

If you think you do know, then great! Just tell me so we can figure out whether we're even talking about the same thing or not.

10. CJP69

CJP69 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except that He did!

This is code for....

"This part of my doctrine makes no rational sense and so it cannot be explained. It's best here to call my opponent's ability to "grasp the Person of Jesus Christ" (whatever that phrase is supposed to mean) into question here so as to distract from the fact that I'm putting forward a doctrine that the bible not only doesn't teach but that it in direct contradiction to the gospel itself."​

I've already told you that God does not change with respect to His character. His righteousness and all the various things that it entails is immutable, but what you're talking about isn't taught in the bible at all. God repeatedly changes His mind, alters His plans, refuses to fulfill prophesy, etc, not to mention the fact that He became a man and died and rose from the dead.

Revelation 1: 8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.
    "I live, I was dead, I and alive forevermore" - sounds like changes to me!

How is that not change? By what possible definition of change does living, being dead and then living again not count as a gigantically important, truly and ultimately profound change?

Also, those passages in Revelation are a single stone that has killed two birds here because it stands as first person testimony from the very mouth of the Alpha and Omega Himself that He "was dead"!

11. CJP69

CJP69 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    PLEASE answer the question!

You don't seriously believe that I'm suggesting that Jesus was thrown into the Lake of Fire, do you?

NO ONE has been thrown into the Lake of Fire! Ending up there is what the bible calls the "second death" and so it can serve as a clue to what it means to die but it is not THE definition.

You people freak out because someone says that God died, a thing the bible comes right out and says and that the whole Christian faith is based upon, and yet you don't even know what the word "die" means!

12. CJP69

CJP69 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oooh!!!! Bold red letters!!!! Neat! :Cool

Revelation 1:9 I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. 10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, 11 saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”

12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. 14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; 15 His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters; 16 He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. 17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.
    Which is more likely...
    • The above passage contradicts the actual meaning of Hebrews 13:8.
    • Going from alive to dead to alive again does not constitute any kind of change at all.
    • Your application of Hebrews 13:8 is too broad.

13. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Explain an explanation.
    God is immutable.
    Someone other than God need not be immutable.
    The Son of God is both.

Hebrews 13:8 is Jesus Christ post incarnation and post resurrection.

14. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You didn't believe the answer.

Death is an end to life.

Whether it be the death of the soul or death of the body.

15. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then 1 Timothy 1:17, 17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. . . . is being denied.

16. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No such Holy Scripture.

17. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    This person CJP69 is very sadly blinded to Bible Truth! Only the Holy Spirit can really help

18. CJP69

CJP69 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, so you don't know.

Great. I'll now know how much weight to put into your objection to my believing the bible when Jesus claims that He was dead.

Thank you very much.

19. CJP69

CJP69 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your argument is with Christ. Not me!

Which should I believe, your doctrine and out of context proof-texting or the explicit words of Christ Himself?

20. CJP69

CJP69 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The whole thread is still right here for the world to read! I've quoted it more than once. Doing it again would just go ignored again. Believe what you want. Don't let the bible stand in your way. It's just your immortal soul at stake.