1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Jesus/God in Hell?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by billwald, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

I see you don't mind leaning to the left or right.

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The world’s sin is rejection of Jesus. If they never heard the truth, then how is it still there sin?
    With your reasoning, they never needed Jesus then, all they had to do was stop sinning.
    There are still people who would not repent. Maybe some people are too mad at God for the bad that happens to them.
    The Bible says, “The rest of mankind that were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood--idols that cannot see or hear or walk. Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.”
    In the story of Lazarus, Jesus is speaking to Jews about Jews. Jews are people who knew the word of God.

3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

you can't and never do respond to the objections presented. You ignore them and ask different questions or change the subject. This is a debate forum! Try to respond to objection OR why should anyone respond to your objections! Don't lie and say you did respond because anyone reading can see you did not.

That is but ONE SIN! Not their only sins. Read Romans 1:18-2:15! Here is a whole catalog of sins that Paul says they are "WITHOUT EXCUSE."

You simply like to pick and choose a particular sin.

That is the point! There is none who are not sinners because all sin. If they are without sin they never would die or go to hell - willful sin sent them there not ignorance.

Why then did not Abraham offer the gospel to the rich man? Do you really beleive there are GOOD and LOVING people in hell??????????? Do you think being a JEW in hell makes you different then a GENTILE in hell when it comes to wanting to escape hell???? My oh my!!!!!!!!!!

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Biblicist,

The BIBLE SAYS Jesus preached to the spirits of the dead in prison. That is what the Word of God says.

It is pointless for you to fight the Word of God.

5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

That is a matter of interpetation. It could equally be interpreted to mean that the spirits which are now in hell, Christ preached to previously in or through Noah and they are now in hell because they rejected the gsopel of Christ that Noah and all the prophets preached:

2Pe 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

Acts 10:43 To HIM give ALL THE PROPHETS witness that whosoever believeth upon his name shall receive remission of Sins"

PETER IS THE ORIGIN OF BOTH OF THESE TEXTS

I don't deny what it says. I deny what you READ INTO it - he offered salvation to those in hell - that is your supposition.

You cannot respond to the evidences I put before you about Abraham and the rich man.

6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The scriptures are just too plain and clear to mean what you are trying to twist it to mean.
    I have to go, be back later.

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I could not agree more and so why do you twist and repudiate them?

As usual you are incompetent in your responses as you do not even address the evidences I gave or try to demonstrate why they are wrong! You simply ignore all Biblical evidences against you and make baseless unsubstantiated responses - mere hot air.

8. Steadfast Fred

The Scriptures are clear, yes. But your interpretation, Moriah, twists the Scripture into a slap in God's face.

Romans 1 is clear. the wrath of God is upon all who will not seek Him. He has revealed Himself to all that they might seek Him.

But they will not come to Him that they might have life because their deeds are evil. They love the darkness rather than light.

9. billwald

billwald New Member

LOVING people in hell?

Yes, according to Christian theology. Atheists and Muslims do not go to Hell for failing to love their children but for failing to "believe in" Jesus.

10. Steadfast Fred

Loving people will go to hell, yes.

But once there, they will be in such torments that I highly doubt they will have time for loving anyone.

11. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

God defines "love" differently than you do just as He defines "good" different than you do.

By God's definition there are no "loving" or "good" people in hell.

Hint: The The Great commandment is God's definition of "love"
    Hint: The Law of God is God's definition of "good"

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    we are ALL dead in adam, we already have a sin debt incurred thru the fall, and we already have sin natures at birth...

rejection of jesus due to already being found gulity before God, NOT the cause of it!

13. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Where is this in the Bible, “Rejection of Jesus due to already being found guilty before God, not the cause of it”? Who taught you this? What an obscuration if I ever heard one.

The scriptures are just too plain and clear to mean what you are trying to twist it to mean. When Jesus died on the cross, he then went to the spirits in prison, to the spirits who had died, and he preached to them.

14. Moriah

Moriah New Member

This post right here that you made to me is nothing but personal attacking with nothing contributed to the debate. You are guilty of the very things you falsely accuse me.

15. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No second chances, so whoever he speak to was either those already to be sentenced as sinners, or else those held tthere, and he announced to them he was rising to heaven , and taking them back with him!

16. Moriah

Moriah New Member

If a person never heard of God’s truth when they were alive, then why would not God consider that after they have died?

The Bible plainly says Jesus went to the spirits of those who had died, Jesus preached to them.

Jesus also tells us, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.”

If someone were spiritually blind and not be guilty of sin, then how could you possibly think God does not consider if someone has or has not heard and understood the truth, when the words of Jesus tell us he considers those things!

Read what Paul says. He was shown MERCY because he Paul acted in IGNORANCE and UNBELIEF.

Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief.

17. Steadfast Fred

Romans 1, which you continuously ignore, tells us that God reveals Himself to everyone. There is not a man, woman, or child on this planet that is without excuse. All have sinned, not some, but all. The wages of sin is death... spiritual separation from God.

The only way to escape spiritual separation is to seek God, to call on Him. God gives everyone that opportunity this side of the grave.

On the other side, there is no second chance. It is appointed unto men once to die and after this the judgment.

18. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
    Romans 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
    Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

No second chances.

“When was this preaching done? The text states, ‘in the days of Noah…’ This occurred just before the flood. Christ did not go down to Hades and preach the gospel to ‘spirits in prison.’ The preaching was done in ‘the days of Noah.’ "

1 Peter 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Christ did not descend into hell "in the days of Noah".
    Talk about making Scripture "fit" your doctrine of "second chances"...this one wins first prize! The story of the blind man in John 9 has NADA to do with the topic we are discussing. The blind man wasn't dead, so it has nothing to do with whether or not a person has a second chance after death.
    When was that mercy shown to Paul? Had Paul died and been buried? Was he in Sheol/the abode of the dead?

19. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You just ignored all the scriptures I spoke about, and then you say I ignore Romans 1. If you think Romans 1 says what you say it does, then quote it here and explain it. Otherwise, do not just say you proved something when you have done no such thing.

How do you think you disproved or proved anything by what you say right there?

Again, you discount all the scriptures I gave, and then you merely say what you believe without any scriptures with explanation.

20. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The scriptures you quote are about those living in all kinds of sin. It does not speak of all kinds of people, such as those who are in false religions and think they are obeying.

That is making up things the scriptures do not say. That is going against the simple and plain truth of the written Word of God.
    Jesus died and was made alive in the Spirit in the times of Noah when the ark was being built?! That is nonsense.

That is more nonsense.
    How is it second chances if they never heard the truth?
    Now that is some blind reasoning.