1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus IS Alive! - Happy Easter!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by SavedByGrace, Apr 3, 2021.

1. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    HeIsRisen.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Bassoonery

Bassoonery Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Happy Easter! Your post makes me wonder if you are also in a time-zone further East than the US? We had an optional sunrise service here and about 20 of our school boarders turned up at 5am. We used the song "Is he worthy?", which was new to them. It's not often that Easter coincides with the school year, so I pray it will be a long-lasting memory for them.

3. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is risen indeed! Halleluia!

4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    to Mary Magdalene: "Go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

5. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Charles Spurgeon:

"It was a dark day for the disciples when Christ was crucified...Where was Peter? Where was James? Philip, and Andrew, and Nathanael, where were they? I do not know, but I know where Magdalene was...by her Lord, glad to confess a persecuted Christ. Here is the test of true love. To follow Christ in peaceful times is easy, but to follow hard after him when he is despised and rejected of men—here is the pinch. Ah, some of you young people profess to be Christians when you are with Christian people, but will you bear it when your companions sneer at you....Can you follow your Lord? Can you follow your Lord when the many turn aside?"

"We find Mary...at the sepulchre, viewing the place where the body was laid....She was first at the sepulchre, and was the first to whom Christ appeared....I feel it no small privilege to be the means of bearing God’s message to this congregation....But what an honor to have a message to the apostles! Oh, the power of grace! Mary, once a demoniac, becomes a preacher to preachers!...Did ever man preach....a more weighty text than this Magdalene had to handle— 'I ascend unto my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God'? Angels told of the incarnation, but Magdalene told of the ascension."

• Like Like x 1