1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus' name trademarked

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Chessic, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Chessic

Chessic New Member

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "The Italian jeans company that owns the trademark on the name "Jesus" in the U.S. is cracking down on apparel companies that wish to use the name in their brand."

And it might be Hay-soose, not Jee-zuss.

3. Chessic

Chessic New Member

That's right. There will never be a "Jesus Loves You" clothes line, a "Jesus Lives," t-shirt sold by a Christian band at their concerts, or a "Jesus Forgives," sweatshirt worn by CCFC member staff without this company's approval. Current company executives say they will not pursue their legal rights for "printing a few T-shirts," but "a few" is vague, and there's no telling what future executives will do when they realize they can make more profit whenever they choose.

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Unless Christians stop buying anything from a company with a tm along side the name of our Saviour. I know I won't, if I spot the trademark symbol, I don't care who's selling it.