1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus spoke from the cradle?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Ben W, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I came across this the other day after discussing with a teacher on Islam about who they think Jesus is, I was told that Muslims know that Jesus was a Prophet because He told them so in the Koran when he spoke from the cradle to Mary identifying who He was!

- She made a sign to them, pointing to the child. But they replied: 'How can we speak with a babe in the cradle?' Whereupon he spoke and said: 'I am the servant of Allah. He has given me the Gospel and ordained me a prophet. His blessing is upon me wherever I go, and He has commanded me to be steadfast in prayer and to give alms to the poor as long as I shall live. He has exhorted me to honour my mother and has purged me of vanity and wickedness. I was blessed on the day I was born, and blessed I shall be on the day of my death; and may peace be upon me on the day when I shall be raised to life.' (Sura 19:27-31)

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~dbates/koran3.htm

2. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This sounds to me like the apocryphal/ gnostic 'gospel' accounts of the child Jesus giving life to clay birds etc ie: hogwash

Yours in Christ

Matt

3. mioque

mioque New Member

The koranic account of the life of Jezus is indeed more influenced by the apocryphal/ gnostic 'gospel' accounts of the child Jezus than by the NT.