1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus's Body

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Joman, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Joman

Joman New Member

1. Does Christ in heaven has a physical body today?

2. Will God has a body for ever in the future eternity?

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

IMO
    I'm not sure I don't think scripture says. But think about it. A physical body would be a limitation. God is everywhere, He couldn't be in a physical body. God is a spirit and doesn't need a body.

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I would advise a careful exegesis of the fifteenth chapter of 1 Corinthians. There---you do not need to prove that Jesus has a physical body---rather its your word against Scripture if you deny a present day physical Jesus who now resides in Heaven.

But to answer--Scripture answers for us--

1. Yes

2. Yes

4. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Thomas was told to touch the actual physical scars on Jesus' hands and sides. Jesus ate food after His resurrection as well, and the disciples were on the hill when Jesus physically and literally ascended from earth and into Heaven.

The Bible also speaks of Jesus as being seated at the right hand of the Father. It appears that what God the Son did was come to earth and eternally enter a human state. He did not give up His humanity when He was resurrected nor when He ascended into heaven.

When we think about this, isn't it part of the awesome gift that God gave us so we could be saved?

5. Keith M

Keith M New Member

I have always felt that our resurrection bodies will be glorified like Jesus' glorified body. We won't have the nail prints and the spear wound, of course, but I think those marks will remain on Jesus' body throughout eternity as a reminder of what He did for us.

6. Joman

Joman New Member

Interesting!

We will see God the Father and God the Son (in a body) in heaven? i mean, the ONLY God will be visible as two separate persons by us? (God the father and God the son to his right)