1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JFK's Dean Rusk on Cuba

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by church mouse guy, Jan 29, 2015.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...On January, 21, 1962 at Punta del Este Uruguay U.S. Secretary of State Dean Rusk gave a speech to the Organization of American States explaining the U.S. economic embargo of Cuba and recommending that the members join the U.S. in voting for these sanctions. In this speech there is not a single word–or even an inference–that regime-change was the embargo’s goal. “The United States objects to Cuba’s activities and policies in the international arena not its internal system or arrangements.”

Indeed, Secretary Rusk went out of his way to stress that regime-change was NOT the embargo’s goal. In brief, the U.S. was trying to contain Soviet-Cuban sponsored international terrorism:

Every terror group from the Weathermen to Puerto Rico’s Macheteros, from Argentina’s Montoneros, to Colombia’s FARC, from the Black Panthers to the IRA, and from the PLO to AL Fatah received training and funding from Castro....

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2015/humberto-fontova/the-truth-about-the-cuban-embargo/

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So he said 9 months after the US had financed and armed an invasion of Cuba and while they were giving the Mafia money to kill Castro. They were - gasp - saying one thing and doing another.

3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All I know is that Rusk said that the embargo itself was not to be an instrument of regime change.

Now if you want to bring up Kennedy ties to the Mafia and Kennedy actions inside the Mafia, that would not have anything to do with the Organization of American States and the imposition of an embargo to stop Cuban/Russian terrorism. American public opinion thinks that the embargo was for regime change--it was not. If Fidel is still alive, and he hasn't been seen in a year I think, then no one would have thought that he would have lived so long and murdered so many.

4. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I was saying is that what he said and what he was actually doing were 2 different things. It doesn't matter what the public was thinking. The embargo was just one part of a multi-tiered attempt at regime change.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

JFK wasn't down with the Joint Chiefs plan to terrorize and possibly murder American citizens to start a regime change war with Cuba.

See Operation Northwoods for more details.

Evidently the American PTB were so worried about Cuban support of terrorism they were willing to use false flag terrorism against their own citizens to gain a pretext to remove the Cuban regime.

Because "we're the good guys" I suppose.

#5 poncho, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  6. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well it's no secret that I am GOP so I don't care much for JFK. Dean Rusk was destroyed by LBJ.

You may be correct that JFK wanted Castro out but the Organization of American States (OAS), which is now all but defunct or toothless, did not want the USA to overturn Castro.

Fidel Castro suffers from syphilis of the brain.