1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim Wallis now supports gay marriage

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WASHINGTON (BP) -- Jim Wallis, president of Sojourners, now says he supports gay marriage.

In an interview with the Huffington Post, Wallis spoke of the need to renew and reestablish the importance of marriage in society.

"I think we should include same-sex couples in that renewal of marriage, [but] I want to talk marriage first," he said in the April 5 interview. "Marriage needs some strengthening. Let's start with marriage, and then I think we have to talk about, now, how to include same-sex couples in that deeper understanding of marriage. I want a deeper commitment to marriage that is more and more inclusive, and that's where I think the country is going."

Asked specifically whether he supports gay marriage, Wallis said, "yes."

In a 2008 interview with Christianity Today, Wallis made mostly a traditional case for marriage.

http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=40031

2. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Rev, does that really surprise you?

3. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Nothing new here. All sides talk about the hot topic of the day as if there isn't anything else. They have been over at the edge on the left side of the table for years.
    Everything is about our kids or the children, all sides will use that, because children will sell.
    We have to take play guns and pictures of guns away from kids and not allow at school, it could cause them mental problems. Seeing two mothers or fathers or what ever is good for them, but a mother and a father could cause the ones who have two of one rather than one of each could cause mental problems for them. It is just out of hand.
    On the other hand we need to be packing in our yard, home, fishing, family outing, church, ballgame and what ever, have to protect the kids. Everything is about the kids.
    What is to the left is to the left, most of them are younger folks, educators, union workers, government workers and so on.
    What is to the right is to the right, most of them are small business owners, folks who work for small business, most are nonunion workers, IT people and so on.
    But they both are full of them selves at times on over sell. I can speak for the right, we have backed or most of us have for president men who were not conservative and other races as well. So we all are full of it at times.