1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JOHN 3:16 - FOR GOD SO LOVES THE WHOLE HUMAN RACE

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Saved-By-Grace, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saved-By-Grace

Saved-By-Grace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    my friend, you are blind to the truth!

• Prayers Prayers x 2
  2. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, MennoSota, needs serious prayers!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I can read and I pointed out what Acts 28 says. Paul says that God hardened their heart. God made them unseeing and unhearing. This is by God's ordaining. It's right in the text.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have verse after verse after verse showing God choosing and saying that God chooses. I can provide verses that say God predestined us. You cannot provide even one verse that says humans have free will. You have created a strawman that is burning up before you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    why do you still argue with the Word of God. I have shown from the Greek that these people closed THEIR OWN EYES, as the grammar clearly shows. This is the Bible and not my "twist" on it. You have to quite holding on to your theology when the Bible shows you to be wrong!

6. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    you are in need of some very serious help, as you keep on arguing against what the Bible clearly says, because it does not agree with your warped theology!

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  7. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    LOL, you have shown nothing other than to ignore God's ordained sovereignty from Genesis to Revelation in order to hold on to your own corrupt will as the means of your salvation.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  8. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    LOL, yet I have verse after verse to make my point and you have not even one verse.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  9. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that our exchanges have run their course. have a nice day! :D

10. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    you need to change your eye glass, it looks steamed up! :Laugh

11. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You too.

12. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You need to read the Bible. Just do a word search for the word "chosen." That is the best place to start.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    thanks!

14. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    For my part, I will continue to look for the elusive words "free will."

15. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you don't believe that fallen man is in bondage to the law of sin and death? Romans 8:2.

If so, do you also deny that the saved man is bound to the law of new life in Christ?

You don't believe Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
    11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
    12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. ???

You don't believe 1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. ???

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Katarina Von Bora

Katarina Von Bora Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

It seems you missed:

1. an apt and harmonious arrangement or constitution, order, government
    2. ornament, decoration, adornment, i.e. the arrangement of the stars, 'the heavenly hosts', as the ornament of the heavens. 1 Pet. 3:3

3. the world, the universe

4. the circle of the earth, the earth

5. the inhabitants of the earth, men, the human family

6. the ungodly multitude; the whole mass of men alienated from God, and therefore hostile to the cause of Christ

7. world affairs, the aggregate of things earthly
      1. the whole circle of earthly goods, endowments riches, advantages, pleasures, etc, which although hollow and frail and fleeting, stir desire, seduce from God and are obstacles to the cause of Christ
    8. any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort
      1. the Gentiles as contrasted to the Jews (Rom. 11:12 etc)

17. Katarina Von Bora

Faith:
    Baptist
    It says no such thing. If Jesus died for the whole of mankind, then everyone would be saved.

Scripture refutes you.

John 15:16: "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you."

John 1:12,13: "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."

Acts 13:48: "And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed."

Romans 9:15-16: "For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy."

Romans 9:22-24: "What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?"

Ephesians 1:4-5: "According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,"

Ephesians 1:11: "In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:"

Philippians 1:29: "For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;"

1 Thessalonians 1:4-5: "Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God. For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake."

2 Thessalonians 2:13: "But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:"

2 Timothy 1:9: "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,"

Ephesians 2:8-10 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God

John 6:37 - All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

John 6:44 - 4 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

1 Peter 1:2 - Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

18. Katarina Von Bora

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, wrong again. Repentance is a gift.

19. Katarina Von Bora

Faith:
    Baptist
    Red bolding mine. It means from every tribe, tongue and nation, not every human who ever lived.

John 6:37 - All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

John 6:44 - 4 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day. Are you a pelagian?

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Katarina Von Bora

Faith:
    Baptist
    You'll please provide scripture where we are taught that we have free will unto salvation!

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.