1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured John Nelson Darby and Pre-trib-dispensationalism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, Nov 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not necessarily. He owns the cattle on 1,000 hills. You pick the 1,000 hills, He owns the cattle on them. I pick a different 1,000 hills, He owns the cattle on them also. :D

2. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Revelation 1:1 from the interlinear:
    "From covering of Jesus Anointed which gives to Him the God to show to the slaves of Him what is binding to be coming in Swiftness"

So we see when the things come they will come swiftly, God's judgment will begin swiftly when it begins.
    Revelation 3:11 "I come Quickly" again to the interlinear that straight out Greek to english, " Be perceiving I am coming Swiftly be Holding which you are having that no yet one may be getting the wreath of you" Again the word is swiftly, when Christ comes in judgment He will come swiftly.

Revelation 1:3 "the time is at hand" we see in the interlinear "Happy teh one reading and the ones hearing the sayings of the before averment and keeping the in her having been written the for season (era) near (is near). Again the season in which Christ would come was near, it is near today just as it was near almost 2000 years ago. The original language bears out that When He comes He will come in the season of wrath and the wrath will start and be swift.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    new here....just popping in to suggest something to consider...

When our Lord Jesus Christ says anything about "Coming quickly" or "suddenly"...Should we not be referencing what He said in context when He said, "When these things..." Which are all referencing His second coming?

4. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Revelation 20 verse 2 the Greek word is "chilia" means Thousand "etE" means years. Satan will be bound for Thousand Years. The Greek is clear, so is satan bound today is so it started around 1000 years ago. That doesn't fit your time table.
    Verse 4
    those who enter sit upon thrones and in judgment lived and reigned for "chilia etE" Thousand Years. There it is yet again means 1000 not 2000 nor does it say for over 1000 it they "reign with Anointed (Christ) Thousand Years.
    Verse 5 the rest of the dead lived not till "ta chilia etE" the Thousand Years. Over and over the original bears it out their will be a 1000 year reign in which believers will reign with the Anointed one Jesus.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ,,,and there's that ever so precious sacred cow holy grail 'second coming' again:

28 so Christ also, having been once offered to bear the sins of many, shall appear a second time, apart from sin, to them that wait for him, unto salvation. Heb 9
    37 For yet a very little while, He that cometh shall come, and shall not tarry. Heb 10

....and "For yet a very little while, He that cometh shall come, and shall not tarry" doesn't really mean what it says, no, it means 'thousands of years and still waiting'.

6. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Habakkuk 2
    3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

Is this at Christ's first advent or second? Because you referenced an OT prophecy...does that mean it was yet to be fulfilled when it was written or it was fulfilled and because of that it was quoted?

Acts 1:11
    "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

And when was this fulfilled?

7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is His coming 'a second time' to the Hebrews (as stated in the letter to the Hebrews):

40 When therefore the lord of the vineyard shall come, what will he do unto those husbandmen?
    41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those miserable men, and will let out the vineyard unto other husbandmen, who shall render him the fruits in their seasons.
    45 And when the chief priests and the Pharisees heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them. Mt 21

This is His 'next coming':

23 But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; then they that are Christ`s, at his coming.
    24 Then cometh the end, when he shall deliver up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have abolished all rule and all authority and power.
    25 For he must reign, till he hath put all his enemies under his feet.
    26 The last enemy that shall be abolished is death. 1 Cor 15

Note that at His ' next coming' He has reigned already, the kingdom has been already, and the resurrection and translation (dispy 'rapture') of the saints occurs, thus the last enemy death is abolished.

#207 kyredneck, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  8. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So all the events of Zechariah 2 have been fulfilled?

And Acts 1:6-7 has been fulfilled and answered?

#208 JonShaff, Dec 4, 2015
  9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are almost as many answers and permutations as there are believers.

It all depends on which verses one takes literally and which one takes spiritually.

For the most part we will find out when we see Him face-to-face - probably won't matter a bunch then.

HankD

• Like Like x 2
  10. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't reference the OT, I referenced the writer of Hebrews who referenced the OT.

11. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bottom line. The Lord owns the cattle and every kind of creature on every hill and dale.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hello js
    Many understand Mt 24 to be fulfilled prophecy in 70 ad.
    Those ppl understand the second coming as the last day as Jesus said in jn 6.
    So.....there was a "coming in judgment " in 70 ad upon apostate Israel as warned In Mt 21:43....
    That was not the second coming Acts 1 speaks of.

13. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your interlinear matches no other one...throw it out.

• Like Like x 1
  14. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really, it's trash.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you point that out to me?

16. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hello kyredneck

I would point to jn 6.....the last day3x....
    I believe there was a coming in judgment in 70 ad....but not a physical coming as there will be on the last day....
    I do not think it is a holdover from my dispy days...but I will listen if you have a different take on it.....I am still open on this.Thumbsup

#216 Iconoclast, Dec 4, 2015
  17. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Interlinear bible is straight Greek to English the one I use is based on the TR. most likely many on here find the same translation

18. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hello brother....

I will buy you one if need be....that one matches no other one I have ever seen.....it is disturbing how it is written.

19. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I checked others and well they match this one again I'm fairly sure others on this board will find the same

20. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not a 'different' take, just delving more into it. His 'coming in judgment' was not all that occurred then. He came into His kingdom:

28 Verily I say unto you, there are some of them that stand here, who shall in no wise taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. Mt 16

He returned and built again the house of David, He restored the kingdom to Israel:

14 Symeon hath rehearsed how first God visited the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
    15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
    16 After these things I will return, And I will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen; And I will build again the ruins thereof, And I will set it up:

It's 'the regeneration' He spoke of in Mt 19:

28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, that ye who have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit on the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Just as the house of Saul had to be vanquished before David could 'come into His kingdom', so was it necessary for apostate Judaism to be done away with.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.