1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joshua Harris: Trump is America's King Ahab

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Jerome, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

#1 Jerome, Dec 24, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  2. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't see Trump as King Ahab. He doesn't have the prophets of Baal as his consultants. That would be the Democrats who do that.
    Instead, I would liken Trump to King Saul. He was chosen by people who think his business acumen make him a worthy king, but time will show that the Spirit of God is not upon him. All the "David's" will have to avoid his spear tosses.

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pope Francis says that Trump is King Herod.

It's all so confusing. Why Ahab or Saul or Herod? Can't we just go back to the good ole days when Trump was Hitler and Obama was Stalin and Striesand was getting fatter from eating so many pancakes as comfort food for having to live in the Malibu ghetto? And Warren was a Cherokee squaw? And Biden was just a retired hair sniffer who liked to put his hands on little girls? And at Christmas you could don your gay apparel? And if you said Merry Christmas, it wasn't a hate crime?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christmas in July? that's when Joshua Harris donned his 'festive' apparel:

pride - Copy.jpg

5. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry for my ignorance but what does that mean?

6. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It sounds like he means, that God is pouring out His judgment on the false religion of Evangelical Trumpism:

• Like Like x 1
  7. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    President Trump is: wrecking things that need to be wrecked, exposing things that need to be exposed, and doing what is right for Israel. In essence, he is being used by God most similarly to how God used King Jehu. I believe God is using President Trump, rather than someone like Vice President Pence, to provoke the Left into exposing their hypocrisy. I'm pretty sure that most of us on the Right, realize that we are mere sinners saved by grace. I don't honestly believe that most on the Left view themselves that way. I think they view themselves exactly the same way the Pharisees viewed themselves.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "You still give advice?" "I still give advice." [0:21] Laughter all around. Yes, it is quite laughable.

The judgment is against the progressives, the leftists, they are the ones feeling the pain of his presidency.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BroTom64

BroTom64 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    New Flash:
    King Saul was King Saul, King Ahab was King Ahab, Nebuchadnezzar was Nebuchadnezzar, King Herod was King Herod, Hitler was Hitler, Stalin was Stalin and

President Donald J. Trump is President Donald J. Trump.

The Lord judged those who are dead and gone for who they worshiped and what they did He and will judge Donald Trump in due time.
    He will also judge the Republican and Democrats, the Liberals, Conservatives and Libertarians. He will judge us all.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The_5_Solas

The_5_Solas New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do we care what Josh Harris says about this? He's the one who literally walked away from the faith a few months ago and is telling many Chrsitians they are being judged? The irony is that, for good or worse, not even Trump has done that.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  11. Son of Robert

Son of Robert Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the U.S. presidential elections are every 4 years, right? Doesn't that mean he can be voted out? Google says a prez can only serve 2 terms. Isn't that what impeachment is about? You have a way of getting rid of a bad apple, right?

• Like Like x 1
  12. HatedByAll

HatedByAll Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We will vote on the first Tuesday in November for the President. Then whoever wins that election will be inaugurated sometime around January 20th 2021. Yes, the democrats could simply put their efforts into getting their candidate put in office at that time. But, for some reason, they have attempted to remove Trump from office from even before he started to serve. They hate him so much they will try anything at all to get rid of him.

Their problem is, the field of their candidates is so far to the left, extremely liberal, that the chance of their choice candidate winning is too risky for them. They want to get rid of Trump rather than take the risk of him winning a second (and last) term to office.

The biggest problem with their actions is not that they may remove Trump from office, but that they are trying to set a horrible precedence. That is, simply using the safeguards built into our Constitution to protect from a criminal running our government, to get rid of a leader simply because you don't like him. Whether one likes Trump or not, setting that precedence will truly damage our government and should never be no matter which side wants to use it. If they succeed in removing Trump because he is a "blowhard" and for not substantial reason then it is likely the other side will try to remove the next president that is democrat.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Someone should do a study on correlation between apostasy and liberal politics.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure, Trump has lifted up Christ in the Rose Garden on two occasions. He does it every year at Christmas. He just reversed Obama's edict on prayer in schools. He has a prayer counsel. Nothing about that looks like Ahab. I bet ole Josh did not mention any of that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would not view him as be a credible witness, but he would make a dandy one for the Dems!

16. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why are we giving any credence or air time to Joshua Harris?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, then how about...Nebuchadnezzar.

That's the king this minister invoked as he went imprecatory on Trump and those who are so intent on seeing him reelected:

white - Copy.jpg
    Facebook
    "I had the misfortune of listening to his extemporaneous speech at a rally in Las Vegas last week. It turned my stomach. It was Nebuchadnezzar all over again. Daniel 4:30. Read it. He was literally claiming to be the greatest President the United States has ever seen. The Best. The Greatest. His ego knows no bounds. And Daniel 4:30 was followed by Daniel 4:31."

"I hear all you adoring Trump fans. I see your Twitter feeds and Facebook posts. You are SALIVATING to see Trump take on Bernie in the debates. You have a crate of MAGA hats in your closet, just waiting....You are all in, just like the 'Bernie Bros' on the exact other side--mirror images"

Daniel 4:28-31
    All this came upon the king Nebuchadnezzar. At the end of twelve months he walked in the palace of the kingdom of Babylon. The king spake, and said, Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honour of my majesty? While the word was in the king's mouth, there fell a voice from heaven, saying, O king Nebuchadnezzar, to thee it is spoken; The kingdom is departed from thee.

• Like Like x 1
  18. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why don't these preachers just say that they don't like Trump period? Why do they have to drag Scripture into it? I don't care for Comrade Bernie but I just compare him to Stalin because he is a millionaire and has 2 houses and 1 dacha, but I just say 3 dachas. Comrade Bernie just said that Castro was a good guy but we know he murdered with his own hands but then child molester Daniel Ortega endorsed Comrade Bernie so there is unity among communists, just sayin'

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We can get rid of a President for "High crimes and misdemeaners" only. This whole impeachment of President Trump was a partisan political hit job, nothing more, nothing less. The people will decide President Trump's fitness for office in November.

• Like Like x 1
  20. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Netanyahu has likened him to CYRUS king of PERSIA (Book of Ezra) who allowed the rebuilding of the Temple.

Trump is sorely hated by globalists, he is the fly in their ointment of world domination.
    the present tools of globalists - abortion, infanticide, euthanasia and eugenics.

they are hoping to usher in the final aspect of a one world government - an "uberman" political philosophy of antichrist.
    Global Secular humanism. the glorification of man and our accomplishments with moral lawlessness (defiance of the True God and His commandments).

Globalist morality "do what you will but harm no one - we will handle that".

• Like Like x 2