1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judge and Jury?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by dfwmia, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I guess Jesus would have been considered a Judgemental Pharisee when he gave the quoted speach about divorse or when he drove the money changers from the Temple.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [sarcasm]Don't you understand, TS? Once the historical and cultic contexts are understood, Jesus was really saying that divorce and remarriage are okay by Him.[/sarcasm]

It's funny to be accused as a Pharisee, when it was the Pharisees who allowed divorce for all the reasons Christ exposed as illegitimate.

3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christ was exposing to the Pharisees that manipulating the laws in the matter was not covering their sins and that it impossible to do so.

Matthew 5:27-28
    (27) Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
    (28) But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Sarcasm or not, be careful using cultic references…I try to discuss things the same way I would as if I were talking face to face with some one and expect you to use the same respect in return. Only a coward would do otherwise while hiding behind a computer screen.

Have a good day.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cultic, as in pertaining to the cultus of the Pharisees.