1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judge Roy Moore for Governor of Alabama

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dale-c, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I got the book originally after hearing of it on The American View radio program www.theamericanview.com

Both hosts are reformed presbyterian. I am also in the same boat as you..."a Reformed Protestant who is moving quickly away from his original Fundamentalism" only I still claim to be a Baptist as I don't hold to infant baptism and otherthing but anyway...
    Moore is a Southern Baptist and it is obvious in the book. He does have however, a very good knowledge and understanding of the law and Bible.
    He made some very good points about homeschooling and responsibility of the parents.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! If you find that you disagree with any political candidate on only two or three issues you are fortunate indeed. :)

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I am sure I would like the guy, and am pretty certain he is my brother in Christ. However, that does not mean I would support him to be my governor.

4. jet11

jet11 Member

But those two or three issues are deal breakers.

I probably will not vote for Governor, or I may vote for Nall because I know she has no chance and I do not want to vote for the Republican or the Democratic nominee.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand. :)

Personally, I do not have any deal breakers when it comes to deciding whom to vote for. As long as there is a candidate who can come close enough to libertarianism(occasionally a Republican will fit that bill) to feel comfortable in voting for him/her then I will do so. If there is no such candidate, then I will just skip that race.

6. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

If there are other reasons not to vote for him, that is your choice. I have been trying to show that he did indeed stand up for the acknowledgement of God in public office.
    By the way, that is not the cramming of religion down anybody, just the acknowlwdgement that GOd's law is why we don't tolerate murder, theft, etc.

I don't know of any other candidate that meets that criteria.
    Riley would probably claim to, but he failed when put to the test when he didn't support Moore.

BTW, C4K, did you see the video and if so, did you see what I was talking about?

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I saw bits and pieces of the video, but was not persuaeded to Moore's side.

You continue to imply that anyone who does not support Moore fails some kind of test. In that case I too would fail the test.

Whose test is that?

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree. A secular government or a secular business is not the church.

9. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Which video did you see? The one I saw (and linked to) was only a couple of minutes longer.
    If there is a longer one, let me know.

First of all, supporting him for governor is your choice.

If there is a "test" it would come from "Mt 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."

That was the test that was given to Judge Moore. Again, please watch that video and tell me if I am missing something. Was he or was he not being asked to deny God by saying that he would not acknowledge God as sovereign?

Please tell me what I am missing? He was asked directly if he would acknowledge God if he continued his duties. He said he would. They said then they would remove him.
    Seems quite simple.
    What would you have had him say at that point?
    Would you suggest that he say "No, sir! I will no longer acknowledge God in any way as the moral basis of our law and I apologize for ever doing so!"
    If he had said this, they would have given his job back.

What would you have him do?

Again "Mt 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."
    That is the only test I am going by and that is for Roy Moore. Now, why can't you support him in at least this one issue?
    You keep saying that he wasn't asked to do anything directly against scripture but he was. Watch that video and tell me why that wasn't asking him to acknowledge God and how he would be justified to say he would stop acknowledging God, thus denying Him.

#109 Dale-c, May 31, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2006
  10. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Wow, I wish I only had two things again Mitch Daniels!
    He is the INdiana governor.
    He comes straight from big time business and drugs (of the legal kind)

11. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Has this post been ended or is it still going?

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Closed at 0130 EDT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.