1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judge Roy Moore

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Jailminister, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

JohnV said most people agree with him that Judge Roy Moore is wrong to stand up for the monument of the 10 Commandments. Is he right or wrong?

The question is, should Judge Roy Moore remove the monument of the 10 Commandments?

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No law was passed and no tax money spent, therefore the federal constitution was not violated.

The monument should stay put. [​IMG]

3. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

The monument should not stay.

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I agree 100% Ken! I have been posting on the other forum about this.

We, as Christians, have stood still far too long and had our rights stripped. I am thankful Judge Moore is standing up for all of us.

5. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

Judge Moore has exhausted all of his legal options. The stays have been denied, and the Alabama Supreme Court has ruled that the monuments must be taken down. Now, even the Alabama state court system is against him. He should follow the law of the land and remove the monuments. Period.

http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/religion/glsrthmre82103alsc.pdf

6. Gunther

Gunther New Member

1. The Ten Commandments are not Christian. Christians do not own them. Christians do not pay homage to them. Christians do not worship them. The Ten Commandments serve to condemn, they cannot save.

2. It is a stone carving. Do the Ten Commandments go away if a display goes away? Think people.

3. Christians are not under the Law.

4. Moore is disobeying the law at this point. He is in violation of what both Christ and Paul said. People, you cannot christianize the lost. There is no "takeback" of America for God.

5. We must argue for the freedom of all people. Do we really want the unsaved, lost government dictating what religion we can be part of? This is where this kind of thinking leads people.

6. I could go on and on, but am embarrassed that so-called baptists actually are arguing for a government instituted religion. Bad theology thrives everywhere I suppose.

7. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Yes Gunther! I agree!

Sherrie

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    All people are subject to God's moral law as embodied in the Ten Commandments. God's moral law was never restricted to the Jews.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The monument does not establish a religion. I am embarrassed that so many US citizens don't understand the federal constitution and show such a tremendous lack of reasoning ability.

10. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please read the opinion in question. It sheds a good deal of light on the situation, something you don't come across in sound bites or polemic publications and Web sites.

Baptists should know better than to uncritically endorse the judge's position.

GLASSROTH VS. MOORE

11. Gunther

Gunther New Member

All people are subject to God's moral law as embodied in the Ten Commandments. God's moral law was never restricted to the Jews. </font>[/QUOTE]Do you work on Saturday?

Have you ever read Romans 10:4?

Agreed. The lost person though cannot obey the law. He must first be made righteous. This is a basic theological point. You can argue for a lack of understanding of the constitution all you want. I will argue for a lack of understanding of the Scripture.

12. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What "rights"!?! How is this arguement any different then what those arguing for the right of homosexuals to marry?

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I reject your New Covenant Theology stance. God's moral law, the Ten Commandments, predates the giving of the law to Moses.

14. Gunther

Gunther New Member

Um, that was the giving of the law to Moses.

The author of Hebrews exhorts believers to move into the realm of the New Covenant because it is superior. Only the immature and weak stayed under the old.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you read all of the Bible, you should learn that God's moral law as embodied in the Ten Commandments existed before the law of Moses and continues to exist after it. :cool:

16. Gunther

Gunther New Member

Ken, when Jesus was asked, he hung all the law and prophets on only two commandments.

It isn't that I want to disagree with you. You are such a nice guy. You are merely misguided.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gunther,

I used to be an NCTer like you but after reading In Defense of the Decalogue by Richard C. Barcellos I because a CTer. [​IMG]

18. Gunther

Gunther New Member

I would have never guessed.

19. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

If you haven't voted in this poll yet please do so. The last day is August 28.