1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judge Rules Bakeshop Owner Doesn’t Have To Bake Wedding Cake For Gay Couple

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A California judge ruled Monday the state couldn’t force a cake shop owner to bake a cake for a gay couple’s wedding, ruling that doing so would constitute a violation of free speech.

Superior Court Judge David Lampe denied the State of California’s request for a preliminary injunction that sought to force bakeshop owner Cathy Miller to design a wedding cake for a gay couple.

“For this court to force such compliance would do violence to the essentials of Free Speech guaranteed under the First Amendment,” Lampe ruled, according to a press release sent to The Daily Caller News Foundation. The injunction also posited that if Miller refused to design the cake, the state would force her to close her Tastries Bakery shop altogether.

Judge Rules Bakeshop Owner Doesn’t Have To Bake Wedding Cake For Gay Couple

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sure, I'll bake you folks a cake, a cake like no other. (Hope you like hot sauce!)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I make my cakes without flour or sugar ..... they're appreciated at church & tennis club. But I don't decorate them, though I do use sugar-free icing - aka cheese spread.