1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Junteenth" ice cream

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, May 26, 2022.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Walmart bows to ridiculous demands of a certain group.

Wegmans was promoting ice creme for the annual "Junteeth"

Many on social media have called out Walmart for using Juneteenth as a marketing scheme.

Breaking stories & updates

Do they complain because Walmart will have a marketing scheme for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and 4th of July! Thats the celebration for our freedon!! Junteeth celebrates “Juneteenth holiday marks a celebration of freedom and independence,

Wait they are both for independence

Oh brother -

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes, another inane ice cream controversy. The world is falling apart, but, nah, let's get outraged over some mass marketer trying to cash in on Joe Biden's new holiday. I think they should have isolated Juneteenth to Texas where it makes some sense. These kinds of people love to be outraged and anything goes.

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I guess we need to pull all the vanilla off the shelf?... Brother Glen:rolleyes:

4. 5 point Gillinist

5 point Gillinist Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least they relegated this ridiculous holiday to June, sodomite history or appreciation (or whatever) month.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    actually, many thur out the country have celebrated it for several decades - but was made a federal holiday decade in 2021
    so now federal employees get another day off - like they don't have enough already!

6. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One can live on ice cream. I have for 3 days anyway, since some strange illness onset very suddenly on Wednesday. One moment I was thinking of going to Panda's Super Buffet for the senior special 2 pm to 3:30 pm, then the though of rice and shrimp and other offerings repelled me as I had intense chills. Ice cream is the one thing that has been at all desirable. Just so you know that. Maybe stores should; market the stuff with "When you're sick, we have ice cream to lick!"

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My mom, many years ago owned a dry cleaners in the black section of town. Customers got mad at her because she did not close on Mlk day. She mentioned that a couple times she was even open on Christmas Day. Their answer - MLK was more important than Jesus Christs. --- sad, very sad.