1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just amazing: Justify has wire-to-wire win at Belmont, completes Triple Crown

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by KenH, Jun 10, 2018.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Justify defied all the odds on his way to achieving Triple Crown immortality.

The late bloomer won the 150th Belmont Stakes in New York by 1¾ lengths on Saturday, leading all the way to give the sport its 13th Triple Crown champion. American Pharoah ended a 37-year Triple Crown drought in 2015, and now just three years later, racing is celebrating another sweep of the Kentucky Derby, Preakness and Belmont.

Justify won the Belmont starting from the rail. The last Triple Crown from that spot at the Belmont was Secretariat, 45 years ago to the day Saturday.

"The raw talent is there,'' trainer Bob Baffert said. "He just came on there and broke every curse there was. It was meant to be.''

Justify is just the second horse to capture the Triple Crown undefeated, joining Seattle Slew (1977)."

Justify defies the odds, captures Triple Crown

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Unfortunately the horse is owned by the most evil man in the world, George Soros. To my mind that is a stain on the whole horse racing world.

3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not that I'm a Soros' fan, and I wouldn't normally know this, but I think you're mistaken as the owner of Justify, I looked it up, is Kenny Troutt. I knew this because I had briefly read that the owner also had won in 2010 and would have noticed if it was George Soros and been disgusted. ;)

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    “Three groups have an ownership stake in the colt: WinStar Farm owns 60 percent, China Horse Club owns 25 percent, and a third, low-profile entity linked, the New York Times reports, to billionaire investor George Soros, holds 15 percent.“

If Justify wins the Triple Crown at Belmont, here's how much the owners will earn

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’m pretty sure that George Soros does not own a percentage in any of the 8 racehorses that I currently own a percentage of. :)