1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"just" calvinist

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by nodak, Jun 2, 2008.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

God bless

May God bless you in the path that God has placed before you through His word.

2. Danger Dog

Danger Dog New Member

Follow God, not men. I can't get over Calvin's part in the muder of Servetus to be willing to read anything he said.

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rip : Calvin had no part in the muder of Servetus, nor a murder of the same. It was a state-sanctioned thing when Calvin was not even a citizen of Geneva. I certainly do not approve of those kinds of things in that I am 450 years removed from those times.

Regardless, you are depriving yourself of a great deal of spiritual gold which countless souls throughout the past centuries ( and no doubt centuries to come if the Lord tarries )have been a cause of much blessing.

Nevertheless, if your bias still persists, the Lord has raised up a number of other spiritual counselors through the ages which can lead you to a better understanding of His Word.