1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just want to say hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by workinprogress, Jun 19, 2014.

1. workinprogress

workinprogress New Member

Just stopping by to say hi!

I'm only recently saved (April of this year), and I'm just trying to grow as much as I can in my walk with Christ. It seemed appropriate to find a community of like minded believers to help me along the way.

I'm very fortunate that my small community still has a lot of active believers, and I've been able to attend a few Bible studies each week. I've also found some great fellowship, although I'm in a hard spot in my upper 20's and single...feel too old for "young adult" and not quite married enough for "adult" meetups! (Praying to find a godly woman though!)

I love the church I'm attending, and the deacons just recently approved me for a membership vote by the church. I'll be getting baptized here soon, and it all feels so wonderful.

Anyways I'm looking forward to reading a lot of your posts and having discussions, and I pray that I'll gain a lot from the seasoned believers on here.

Thanks for having me!

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since it is true that you are a new believer let me share something things about this board.

There are debate sections here, and in them you will find plenty of debating. Remember that what you read in type on this board can be seen differently than if people were together having the same discussion and using the same words. Try not to read to much into posts.

There will also be posts that are clearly offensive to some and not so offensive to others. Not because we do not care for each other but because we often become passionate about subjects and issues.

This can be a great place for supplemental learning. Just remember that what gets said on this board does not have the importance some people would like to think it has.

Eat the meat and spit out the bones.

Welcome aboard! :thumbs:

3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Revmitchell has given good counsel. The debate sections are just that--for arguing. And sometimes, frankly, it gets out of hand. But remember, you may find yourself at odds with someone on one issue, and agreeing with them on another.

The other side of the coin is that sharp debate sharpens issues and sharpens minds. When I'm reading a thread on a controversial subject, I want to see the strongest possible arguments for each view. The trick is to disagree without being disagreeable. Most of the time we succeed. Sometimes we don't.

At any rate, welcome. We have some really good scholars here, and you will benefit from their knowledge and experience.

4. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Welcome aboard!! :wavey:

5. Hermeneut7

Hermeneut7 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I second the idea of Tom Butler as he agrees with RevMitchell. You'll find my temperament such that patience is not my strongest grace and I may seem testy at times. It comes out of frustration when others do not see I am 100% right! :smilewinkgrin: Don't take things too seriously other than the word of God as the Holy Spirit leads you.

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Woo Hoo on your salvation and welcome to the board!