1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Justified from all things

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Brightfame52, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acts 13:39

39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

If one comes to believe in Jesus, the True Jesus, it means they by Him have already been justified from all things. See believing in Jesus name is the consequence of His Death alone for you, He hath justified you before God's Holy Law and Justice.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen, my friend.
    When I go searching His word, I can find this in Romans 5:6-11 and several other places.

God's people were justified, in the sight of God the Father, at the cross ( Colossians 2:13-14 ) and were reconciled to God by the death of His Son ( Romans 5:10 ).
    That is what was accomplished by His sacrifice, and that is for whom it was accomplished.

" And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.
    29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
    30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."
    ( Romans 8:28-30 ).

The ones I've highlighted above are the ones I see as being justified from all things.
    No one else, other than those who were ( and are ) the called according to His purpose, was justified at the cross and reconciled to God by the death of His Son.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    One must be already Justified in order to be Justified by Faith. For Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

Justification is such a thing!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cornelius was already justified before God by the Death of Christ before was sent the Gospel to believe. Let's look at Acts 10:22

And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.

That word just means Justified or righteous. It's the same word Paul used in Rom 5:19 translated righteous.

Now back to Acts 10. Cornelius didn't hear and believe the Gospel until vs 34ff

Now Peter spoke of this in Acts 15:7

And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe

So Cornelius believed because he was already justified.

5. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Elect are Justified by Christs Blood alone, and Justified from all things.

Rom 5:9,19

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous [Justified].

Isa 53:11

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Isa 45:5

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

This is true because Christ by Himself made an end of their sins Dan 9:24

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Heb 9:26

26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

6. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isa 53:11

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

The fact that Christ bare the sins of them He died for, that Justified them. By His Knowledge He foreknew them, as He knew His Sheep Jn 10:14,15

I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. or I bare their sins !