1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kagan’s ‘Judicial Hero’: An Israeli Justice Who Said Judges ‘Create New Understanding

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan named as her “judicial hero” an Israeli Supreme Court Justice, Aharon Barak, who said the role of a judge was to “create [a] new understanding of law.”

Kagan made her “judicial hero” comment at a September 2006 ceremony at Harvard Law School where Barak was presented with a judicial prize. Kagan, dean of the law school at the time, praised Barak.

“The Harvard Law School association of which I’m most proud is the one we have with President Barak,” Kagan said. “I told President Barak, and I want to repeat in public, that he is my judicial hero.

“He is the judge or justice in my lifetime whom I think best represents and has best advanced the values of democracy and human rights, of the rule of law and of justice,” said Kagan.

More Here

2. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. There is not a single justice the president could appoint without the connies twisting every possible thing out of context. It's funny that the connies are so mad about Kagan even though she will move the Court to the Right. First they do personal attacks and call her a lesbian, then they twist her words to make her look bad. What a lack of honesty on the part of the far-right movement!

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why don't you articulate what has been twisted. And for the record I have not seen any evidence she is a lesbian. Haven't given it any thought. And you are right it is the far right. Far away from the far left.