1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Rove: McCain went 'too far' in ads

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Sep 14, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You blinded young man... How many people could have gotten off the street with the money from that bridge to nowhere? Alaska still got the money even after Palin said no thanks. You think that's the only government waste?

The problem is mismanagement. Government needs to reduce it's size, cut out bureaucracy and invest in high tech ways to become more efficient. I'm not banking on a guy who doesn't use a computer to do that. (oh, and you don't have to raise you arm above your head to use a computer unless the keyboard is on the ceiling).

I don't always vote Liberal. There does become a time when social programs are burdening the system so we need a little Republican philosophy from time to time also. This is not one of those times. I am not trying to get everyone off the streets because everyone doesn't want to be off the streets. I am hoping to help those who want to work but lost their jobs due to the mismanagement of the last 8 years. Paying corporations to send jobs overseas was the last straw for me.

We need to retool the machine to move into the next revolution which means job training and a little help to get by. We need to develop industry here with jobs that can't be off shored to eventually fix this entire mess...

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

He could use one if he wanted to. People with no arms use computers. He chooses not to and in this day and age that is caveman thinking and more reason to keep him out of office. He is needlessly killing trees.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, just as he judges everyone and you will not be blessed for sanctioning theft.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Sorry Sir, I will not be judged. I'm family... :thumbs:

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are mistaken.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I have no hesitation to meet my maker and told I was faithful to the end...

#26 LeBuick, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2008
  7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You'll have to explain your support of thievery and baby killing.

I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. My own sins are bad enough without adding stealing and murder to them.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Glad you feel my sins are worse than yours... Hate to be you... :thumbs:

Lk 18:9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
    10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
    11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
    12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
    14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is misleading. The bridge was never built. The money went to other expenses. And by the way Obama voted for that bridge.

Yet more misleading comments. When you have your arms broken and then tied behind your back over and over again for 5 years then you get to talk about McCains limitations. When you become his doctor then you get to talk about his limitations. Until you meet one of those qualifications you are just blowing unnecessary hot air. But I see you are spewing talking points.

Prove it.

Can't be offshored. So you are against American freedom to make our own decisions about where we do business? That is unAmeirican

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Just my point about the mismanagement of government.

I don't have to be a doctor to see him stand on the stage and wave at his supporters. If he can lift his arms that far a key board can be adjusted and placed where he can use it. Like I said, there are people with no arms or no use of their arms who use computers.

11. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My next comments are not aimed at McCain or any specific individual ....

Yes, there is voice recognition software. There are many aids to help handicapped people use computers. I expect he [McCain] is just not interested in computers. He is old enough to associate anything with a keyboard as secretarial work and he has aides for that type of work. This has long been given as a reason why older top executives in companies do not have computers ... in their minds keyboards are for secretaries.

I expect that most politicians at the level of McCain, Obama, Bush, etc. are not particularaly in touch with a lot about what the average American's life is like. For instance:

I wonder how long it has been since a senator, representative of Congress has gone grocery shopping on their own?
    Gone to the drug store on their own?
    Filled their own gas tank?

The list could go on and on.