1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Katrina Death Toll May Not Hit 10,000

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by poncho, Sep 10, 2005.

1. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Oh brother.

When the body of my dear friends arrived back on US soil, they were encased temporarily for travel purposes in what is called a transfer case. This looks very similiar to the shape and size of a casket, but it does not have any features of one. One of my friends who was killed in action suffered greatly and died from wounds he had received from a bomb that detonated nearby. He was not at point blank range, but just far enough away to survive the initial impact, and sadly, suffer from grave injuries until he passed on. His body had many wounds and they all were quite bloody. And when he was transported for mortuary services, his wounds were dressed.

Unfortunately, they still leaked blood (and a great deal of it) so, when his case was lifted from the airlift, encased in the colors of the United States of America, the flag of a grateful nation, the transfer case started to leak.

The handlers did what they could to clean up and handle his body with respect and dignity. During which, in any service member's opinion (and I would bet my entire bonus and a year's salary on it) believe that television cameras have absolutely no part in the respect and dignity portion of the mortuary affairs of those who die in battle.

I find comments like the one above quite selfish and goulish. How, with a good Christian heart, could anyone think that watching the transport of fallen Marines, Sailors, Airmen, and Soldiers on television makes it more believable? I doubt your commentary on this had anything to do with reality but more with "what Bush does, what Bush says, blah blah blah" and even more on entertainment value. And that my Christian brothers and sisters is patently sick.

For someone to make disrespectful statements like the above one shows your immense ignorance in these matters. And I for one, would rather you just stick to watching the Price is Right. I am sure your nonsensical conspiracy theories can run amok from that show just on Bob Barker's skeevy ways alone.

The last thing I would ever want, as a service member, is for some goon with a camera and a hairsprayed talking head running live commentary on my death and what it means to them, all the while my family and loved ones could be watching. That time belongs to my loved ones - not someone addicted to reality television. So excuse me if I dont get whipped into a froth over your perceivement of an allegedly scandlous and conspiratorial decision that was made almost 15 or so years ago.

The video taping of the mortuary affairs handling of those who died in service to this country was banned during the first President Bush's administration, and was diligently respected during President Clinton's administration. It continues today. I find the decision to be humane and dignified.

Do your homework before you post. Or maybe just put some thought into what you are saying. OR - consider that it is perfectly okay to *not* express your opinion on something. Without some attempt at the previous suggestions, you just look like your TRYING to show disrespect.

There were plenty of photographs on news on Yahoo of the dead. Some died from drowning and some died in the ensuing lawlessness after hurricane katrina. I still have no idea why you'd want to see that either.

Let the dead rest in peace. May all the victims of hurricane katrina be handled in their burials with respect, dignity, and love. And may God bless their souls.

Just my humble opinion.

2. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

AWESOME POST!!!!!!!!!!! I mean Emeraldctyangel's!

I come from a military family, my husband retired from the Navy and is now working on an Army base in Iraq, my son-in-law, a Marine served a tour in Iraq, and my daughter is in the Army.

I would appreciate the respect stated in your post if something every happened to one of them. Thanks for posting!

3. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

All I'm saying is that our government deliberatly makes sure that that part of the war is not brought home to us.

When we hear, 2 killed today, one yesterday, etc, it doesn't do the dead justice.

People who believe it's justified, need to be reminded what "dying" for our country really entails.

But Lady Eagle was right when she said, "all is well in la la land".

I am not being disrespectful or goulish, and I am far from being ignorant!! But if that's the way you see it then you have understood nothing that I have said.

BTW, before you bring it up, I do support our troops and I am so proud of what they are doing for our country!!

Peace,

Tam

4. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

But then we digress, this thread is about Katrina.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It could be the government is making sure the dead are treated with total respect and consideration for their sacrifice. That does not include photo ops to gratify the ghoulish interests of some Americans.

It is apparent you are completely clueless about what is really taking place with the handling of the bodies of our war dead.

Would you be satisfied if they took pictures of their remains before bagging and boxing and posted them on the internet along with their names?

6. freedom's cause

freedom's cause New Member

7. freedom's cause

cindy sheehan the communists best friend
    China Russia and yes quite possibly France

8. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Last count of deceased due to Katrina in Louisiana was just over 400. A long shot from the media's "hipped up" 10,000!!

9. freedom's cause

it seems the mayor's information source is a bit out of touch while we complain and rant we need to remember God is our source and only hope may
    God's mercy extend to one and all I am very happy that our President is a humble man and today on the larry king show for the first time I saw mayor nagin finally accept some of the blame can anyone imagine what N O even remotely went through N O way God bless us everyone

10. emeraldctyangel

So you need to see dead bodies of Katrina before you are okay with it?

Tell you what. I will pass a hat and see if I can get you travel funds so you can get down there and get down to business of fact finding.

11. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

You are all missing my point. But why am i not surprised!!

Get over yourselves.

Tam

12. emeraldctyangel

*Because you live in a world where only your logic and witty banter applies??*

Ready to go to New Orleans to start recording the body count?

Im just asking.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We're not missing the point. You just don't have one. :rolleyes:

14. freedom's cause

national day of Prayer instituted by our President
    Thank you Dear God for President Bush please protect Him and Bless him Holy God of Israel and the USA please pray and honor God this friday

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member