1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KEEPING G THE LAW -is not an OPTION!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Claudia_T, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

SMM,

Besides, you are supposed to be a Christian so that means you are supposed to forgive me if you are mad at me, since Jesus said to forgive 70 x 7 times.

So you're not supposed to hold a grudge.

I would like to come to an understanding with you instead of you disliking what I believe...

so come on, be a Christian Gentleman and answer me.

Claudia

2. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

I agree that Red Background is a 'killer'...

And, even if the background was more conducive to reading that is a lot of text to read without conclusions interspersed...

So, I dived right to the summary...

Which if I understand it basically says that the Commandments are to Convince of Sin, thus leading people to the Cross for Salvation...

While the point is made over and over again that The Commandments are for the World, it is not clear to me if the writer concludes that Born-Again Believers are bound to Ten Commandments and/or The Law...

it is easier to read if you <View><Text Size><Largest>

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Gek;
    Read the Ten Commandments

Read it all SMM it says breaking the commandments is sin.

4. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

well it looks like Spiritual Mad Man is going to hold a grudge against me forever, so I give up trying.

Claudia

5. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Who's interpretation of them?

Your churches? My churches?

And, if breaking them is sin...

Is it a sin unto death?

Do you lose your salvation by breaking them?

And, once you get people to accept that they have to keep the ten Commandments...

Do you stop there?

Or, do you then add some of the dietary laws?

How about dress code laws?

Sunday Sabbath?

Saturday Sabbath?

How about Music Laws?

Where does it stop?

Once you start adding requirements to Salvation, you make it other than:

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The risk is, is that once you add any single thing to Grace man invariably starts feeling like he did it, he starts becoming self-sufficient...

And, then becomes driven to do 'works' to maintain that smug sense of (self) accomplishment.

Good men do good works because they have been made Good by the Blood of Christ...

Righteous Men do Righteousness because they have been made Righteous by the Blood of Christ...

SMM

6. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

I have to say that I think its a little strange that Spiritual Mad Man talks all about God's love but apparently he holds a grudge against someone and doesnt forgive them.

Thats quite a paradox if you ask me.

If someone asks me to forgive them, I forgive them. And I thought I was the one who was supposed to be the legalist here.

7. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

You know what though? I have always found that to be true, that it seems that those who always claim to be the "saved by grace" people are usually the same ones who are the most unforgiving.

Which makes sense actually because in Bible Prophecy the ones who dont like the ten commandments are going to be the same ones who persecute those who keep the commandments.

Its really quite a puzzle to me and always has been...

hmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder why it is that way??

Claudia

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It is very clear you did not even read it so your questions are unanswerable. No where in there does it even hint at the things you mention.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This topic can be continued elsewhere.
    At 25 pages it has run its course.
    DHK