1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Kentucky governor tells county clerks: Do your jobs or get fired

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Jul 10, 2015.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was not for you to accept, it was for me to offer. I could care less if you accept it - it had nothing to do with you.

Again, how do you justify responding to me as a homosexual, an idiot, a coward, and a child molester simply because we disagree? What is your justification? This is the issue, not a minor disagreement about how we should handle immorality. You have accused me of those things on this thread. Take responsibility and justify your comments.

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First of all, clearly I don't justify calling you a child molester, as I removed that post immediately and acknowledged that it was inappropriate when you pointed it out.

And, as I pointed out before, isn't it interesting that I accepted your apology and yet, when I knew I did wrong and removed my post, you choose to continue to use it as a cudgel against me.

Second, you're absolutely right. I should not have responded in kind. The conversation quickly escalated and got out of hand to a place I never intended or wanted it to go.

I will gladly accept the blame for the ugliness in the conversation. I should have stopped the minute it started to get heated and I did not.

What responsibility you choose to take for your part is up to you.

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, I never saw your apology. It is not necessary, but if I had see one then I would have realized this was a mere escalation of an emotional topic (one which, BTW, highlights a shared opposition of SSM between the both of us). For my part, my "apology" was an attempt at bowing out before it got out of hand....but ultimately I stayed with it (pride, I suppose). I do not harbor any hard feelings (as I said, we do not even know each other).

Look....we both are opposed to immorality. With this issue, we are both opposed to SSM. We disagree on how someone should handle the situation (you may even disagree with how I did handle the part of the issue when it came to my former job). We have too much in common and what we have in common is to great to allow our disagreements to become this personal.