1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kerry and Murtha-Birds of a Feather...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jan 13, 2006.

1. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

A good thing to do would be to actually read what I said before slinging mud at it. I didn't criticize Bush because he was in the guard. I criticized him because he used his wealthy family's influence to get in and then decided not to serve his entire term.

If you think that this made other guardsmen proud you're welcome to your opinion.

2. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

It's funny. EVERYTHING that goes wrong in our country is because of those cursed liberals. It used to be the communists but now its the liberals. But the country has been controlled by the Republicans since Jan. 2001. Maybe by the end of Bush's second term (if he makes it that long) they will finally do something right.

3. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

SandN,
    Actually a good thing to do is ask if I was actually directing that comment to what you wrote.

The post isnt about President Bush, yet its incredible how, on your discontented map, all roads lead there. Maybe the liberals are the new communists. After all, they profile nicely for that I hear.

Cap - very much what I thought. I think it just goes along with whatever serves their purpose at the time. Trendy.

4. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

5. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

[​IMG]

BTW, don't expect ECA to understand this; either it is over his head or he is unable to face the truth. I vote for the latter.

6. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Personal attacks and insults. Shame on you for that.

It's good to see that admitted, willful ignorance will not keep you from replying!

So the last stop-loss change, announced in Jan 2006 is because recruitment is going so well that the military is turning wannabes away in droves?

Unfortunately, you'd have to actually read it to understand it, since you claim you haven't I would suppose you don't. Nevertheless, you see fit to throw in a few more insults.

PO Box?

It is you who is doing what you accuse others of (what is that word?) Shame on you, but God bless.

7. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

The post you quoted was in response to someone else not me. You must have been a great student.
    [​IMG]

And for the thousand and first time, learn to read a profile. I am female. But hey! Nice tie in to A-pal's theme of 'lets quote silly movies for $200 Alex'.

Cant let it go huh Daisy? :rolleyes:

8. Daisy

Daisy New Member

And how you do.

Im sure the rest of the board members are skipping this one. Add me to that list too. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yeah, I was having a problem getting it to take, then twenty minutes later, it shows up twice more - ack! [​IMG]

9. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

10. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

I read the story at the link provided in the initial post, and I never thought I would see the day when someone's service to his or her country, especially in the field of conflict, would be questioned.

I have absolutely no respect for anyone who would question service on the battlefield. IMO, it is quite an indicator as to the content of one's character.......or lack thereof.

BiR

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

12. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Marc Morano once reported for and produced the Rush Limbaugh Television Show so it is understandable why there is a bias in the report on Murtha. Morano, for his part, is just marching lockstep with the right wing elitist visionaries.
    Why it took two people to write a smear column on Jack Murtha is beyond me but this is typical of the Bush administration to resort to these political character assassination tactics whenever anyone opposes his dictatership.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you doubt the veracity of the report, lay out your case.

If you just have a problem with the author, you don't have a lot to contribute to the discussion.

14. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

The object of CNSNews is to do the dirty work of the Bush administration. It is an extreme right wing bias.

15. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

You can track CNSNews to MRC(Media Research Center) to Townhall.com to David Limbaugh. These folks are only interested in one thing and that is to promote the White House propaganda campaign.

16. Daisy

Daisy New Member

And who is this directed at and in reference to what?

And who is this directed at?

Well, this one's for me, but there's not much hint as to what it is in reference to, what I should be letting go or why. Oh well.

17. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

CNSNews claims to be affiliated with the U.S. House of Representatives, The United States Senate, The Pentagon, The U.S. Department of State, Knesset and Europarl.

Why do the government agencies need an affiliation with a cyber new service?

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's what I thought. No case at all.
    [​IMG]

19. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

From The Nashua Advocate

http://nashuaadvocate.blogspot.com/2005/03/new-gopusa-news-service-cybercast-news.html

Now, the new "news service" client being contracted with by GOPUSA.com, Cybercast News Service (CNS), has found itself embroiled in a scandal just days after replacing the controversial Talon News Service for which now-disgraced "reporter" Jeff Gannon was a writer.

The U.S. Senate and U.S. House refused to recognize Talon News as a credible news organization, citing its inextricable ties to a Republican activist website—GOPUSA.com. Cybercast News Service, headed by Brent Bozell, bears striking similarities to Talon News, apart from its association as a news client for GOPUSA.com.

What an appropriate replacement to Jeff Gannon.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

From Mediamatters

http://mediamatters.org/items/200511230008

In his November 23 nationally syndicated column, Media Research Center president L. Brent Bozell III claimed that Rep. John P. Murtha (D-PA) has "been anti-war for years." Bozell, however, omitted key details from the examples he cited of Murtha's supposedly "anti-war" rhetoric that directly refute his claim. In fact, Murtha, who recently voiced support for the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq, was a staunch advocate of the Iraq war but also an outspoken critic of the Bush administration's handling of the conflict -- positions on two separate questions, which Bozell wrongly conflated.
    -------------------------------------------
    L. Brent Bozell III is President of CNSNews