1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kerry/Heinz Ketchup Plant Seized

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by carpro, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Old news but full of irony.

http://www.venezuelanalysis.com/news.php?newsno=1751

Venezuelan Authorities Seize Idle Heinz Ketchup Plant

Friday, Sep 09, 2005
    By: Gregory Wilpert – Venezuelanalysis.com

Caracas, Venezuela, September 9, 2005—Venezuelan military seized a Heinz Ketchup plant in Venezuela’s Monagas state last Monday. Heinz company representatives complained that the seizure represented, “a violation of property rights and free trade as well as due process.” Venezuela’s Minister for Agriculture and Land, Antonio Albarrán, argued, though, that 80% of the plant actually belongs to the workers and that Heinz bought the plant illegally in 1996. The plant has been closed for nearly a decade, according to Albarrán.

The take-over of the Heinz plant in the town of Caicara, Monagas, was carried out by Venezuelan troops at the request of the pro-Chavez state governor, José Gregorio Briceño. The move comes at a time that the Chavez government is investigating over 700 closed enterprises, evaluating them for their suitability for worker takeovers, via expropriation.

:laugh:

2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

If the plant has been closed for over a decade, how much of a loss is it?

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

Revenues may never ketchup.

:applause: :applause:

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I heard they were in the red anyway.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Clowns.

It's the irony of it that tickles me.

Kerry is a long time supporter of Hugo Chavez.

Thanks for the support.:laugh:

Sincerely,

Your friend,

Hugo.

6. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

And yet, we shouldn't bring up Bush and his drinking habits, or his mis-ran companies because it's old news and in the past...

You tickle me at what you bring to the board sometimes. :)

Jamie

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have something against recovering alcoholics? Would you prefer they continue to drink?

Whether Bush misran companies or not does not matter one iota in the world today. American property being confiscated in foreign countries is cause for examination of our policies toward those countries.

Get a grip, Jamie. Your animosity toward Bush is getting the better of you.:(

9. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

No, and I never implied I did. Howevere, when he was running for president, and the question of his alcohol problem came up, everyone on the right was stating how that was in the past etc. In the past or not, it still effects the character of the man, while he was running for office and yet on one wanted to talk about it, and yet you find is worth while to post this type of post?

And whether Venezuelan Authorities Seize Idle Heinz Ketchup Plant has nothing to do with why you posted this thread.

I would agree with you if you posted it because as America, we should protect our American companies interest. However, you posted it because you found it ironic because Kerry had/has shown support for Hugo Chavez, not because you wanted to "Protect the interest of an American company."

You need to get a grip. You're the one posting old information, although I do give you credit, at least you stated that up front, but this isn't the first time you have posted old information. And my opinion is that you do it because you want to stir the pot.

Bush is a bad president in my opinion. I have no animosity towards him, at least no more so than you do against (take your pick) a Democrat, and your posting DO show that.

So, come clean as to the reason you posted this thread, it was NOT because you are worried about countries taking over American companies, or you would have stated as much in your first post.

Jamie

10. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that control of the Heinz company has not been in the hands of the Heinz family for a long time.

Although, I'm sure they still hold a lot of stock.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Enjoy. :wavey:

12. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I don't have anything against them, I never said I did. Please stop putting words in my mouth.

Whenever anyone runs as President, EVERY aspect of their life should be looked over, past and present. Yet, whenever anyone mentioned in in the Bush election, the right wing jumped down their throat and cried foul.

Talk about ironcy huh?

It can only do doubt duty when you state as much in your first post. You don't get "do overs" when you really mean one thing, and then want to spin it for a second thing.

See comment above...

Yea, I have a thing for truth and honest discussions. You should try it sometime. If you want to dig dirt on people, you should at least stick with new current stuff....

Again, you're putting words into my mouth. Do you not think it's worth a debate when someone is running for POTUS? Or are you so blind you will vote for anyone the RNC tells you too without a thought...

I never attach him, just ask a question usng him as an example. You're the one adding words to my mouth, and trying to spin it to suit your needs.
    Enjoy seeing you put words into my mouth? Enjoy you stirring the pot with OLD news? Enjoy you bash the left while turning a blind eye to the Right?

No... No enjoyment here, but I will do what I can to keep you honest and at least try to get you to engage into a good discussion... However, I won't hold my breathe. :wavey:

Jamie

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet it was you that brought Bush up and tried to spred dirt on him.

Imagine that.

14. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

You might be able to take some comfort in that fact, if Kerry had anything to do with the Heinz plant in Venezuela. But he doesn't.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably not and I'm not looking for comfort.

Hugo is his buddy from way back and it's laughable irony.

Liberals have no sense of humor.:BangHead:

16. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

You're good at avoiding, that is for sure. How did I spred? dirt on him? I just said that I found it funny that when the same measure you are using with Kerry is used for Bush, then the right wing gets up in arms...

You spin so much, you should work for FoxNews.

Jamie

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to go back up the thread a ways and see if you can edit your post. Denying it when it's in black and white makes you look a little silly.

18. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

He is a ghoul . . .

;)

19. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Please do quote me on where I threw dirt at Bush.

I stated that since he was running for President, that everything in his life should be looked over.

I stated that I thought Bush is a bad President.

But where exactly did I throw dirt around about him, like you did with Kerry?

please quote it for me.

Thanks,

Jamie

20. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Imagine that . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.