1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured "Killing Jesus"

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by DHK, Jan 11, 2015.

1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Yes that is correct, but I believe that he is missing the intent of Bill 'Os book. It had been stated that is was not intended to address theological concerns but rather explaining the surrounding history and players.

I suspect, theologically speaking, that Mr. O'Reilly had very different, if not also shallow positions. But I do not know him personally as I am sure most if not all here also do not know him.

I am grateful for his conservative voice in the public square on many issues.

2. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Can a book be written that include's much about Jesus and with a name such as "Killing Jesus" without it being about Theology? That's why He came, That's why He lived, That's why He was killed, That's why He was risen, That's why He's coming back; Theology.

#22 T Alan, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
  3. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Quantumfaith you wrote a few days ago:
    That day I wrote:
    I see you haven't answered this yet, Where did you "note several times"? I haven't seen them.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

O'Reilly has a super ego. In his place most of us would. He has done some worthwhile and excellent work getting states to pass tough laws against child sexual abuse. I believe it is called Megan's Law but could be wrong. I really appreciate his work in that area.

He apparently gives a great deal to charity and has done some good work for Wounded Warriors. He also takes a strong and worthwhile stand against Islamic terrorism!

From what he has said about religious matters I would say he is totally ignorant of Scripture. I have read none of his books but plan to read Killing Patton. I was a 14 year old when WWII ended. I have always thought Patton was murdered!

5. T Alan

T Alan New Member

He may lay it to "being against Rome". ;)

6. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

1. I watch Bill O quite often and have heard him refer to that
    2. Reading the reviews and author commentary (Amazon Book Site) That is the link I offered you

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Correct!

Answering the question why did jesus die for the author of that book, and his take was due to going against Rome...

Kind of like that book last year that had Jesus death due to him veing a zealot and trying to force a revolution among isreal...

8. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    [​IMG]

#28 Iconoclast, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
  9. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have not read his book or seen the movie. However, I have watched his show for years and know exactly what he believes about Mary and Mass.

I want to buy the book and read it, as I can hardly believe that the book does not contain some explicit or implicit Roman Catholic theology at some pivotal points.

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would like to hear him explain his views on the death of jesus, and what being a real christian means to him!