1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kingdom Baptist Church in Venus?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Baptist Believer, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone here a member of Kingdom Baptist Church in Venus, Texas or know someone who is?

I'm interested in talking with you about the church's street preaching...

For those who don't frequent downtown Fort Worth (I'm assuming that's most of you :D ), the Kingdom Baptist church has been doing street "ministry" for at least six months near one of the two movie theatres downtown. A few months ago it was a nice affair where they played streetcorner music and talked to people who came by. During the last month or two the "preaching" has become very hostile and judgmental. Friday night I had one of the preachers personally scream at me that I was "going to Hell", apparently since I declined one of their tracts and/or my love was wearing jeans. Another "preacher" screamed that everyone waiting in line for the theatre was "going to Hell because of their sinful movies".

I've checked their website and have a sense of their perspective on things, but in my opinion, their snap judgement of individuals is really shaming the gospel.

2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    A similar situation arose here last year. A "street preacher" went to the local college campus and did the same thing -- telling women they were going to hell for wearing pants, etc. -- and the effect was anything but positive for the Gospel.

And I can assure you this town is no hotbed of liberalism, unlike Fort Worth. [​IMG]

[ December 08, 2002, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: rsr ]

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Ah, the dangers of legalism.