1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kirsten powers: Mainstream media want tea party to be racists, bigots

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kirsten Powers, a Democrat who served in Bill Clinton's administration, said the mainstream media want to portray the Tea Party as bigots and racists and are not capable of understanding what the movement is about. She also said that the Republican establishment plays into these biases and deliberately pushes unfavorable memes about the Tea Party to gullible -- and biased -- reporters.
    While discussing Dave Brat's shocking upset over House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) on Fox News' Media Buzz this weekend with host Howard Kurtz, Powers said the elites in the media and the permanent political class "who can't relate" to regular Americans are the ones demeaning the Tea Party.
    "I don't think the mainstream media is capable of understanding the Tea Party, based on what I have watched," Powers said. "They want them to be a bunch of bigots who hate Barack Obama and are driven by their racist hatred of Barack Obama."
    Powers said she was told she was crazy for pushing back against the media narrative that proclaimed the Tea Party was all but done.
    "I actually never bought it, and I was treated like I was crazy," Powers said, acknowledging that it never made sense to her because the two potential GOP 2016 presidential candidates who are getting the most buzz are Sens. Rand Paul (R-KY) and Ted Cruz (R-TX), who have been buoyed by the Tea Party movement.
    Powers also said that Republican establishment figures "wanted the Tea Party to be dead and the establishment to be alive," and that is why they pushed the unfavorable storyline to reporters who also wanted the same.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journa...eam-Media-Want-Tea-Party-to-Be-Racists-Bigots

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

Not surprise Powers said this. Won't be surprised when she does a flip-flop sometime in the next three days and defends the Obama administration's next incompetent move. She's practically schizophrenic that way.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How would that be a "flip flop"?