1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KJBO-ONLY Pop Quiz

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Forever settled in heaven, Jul 16, 2003.

?
  1. Fewer than 1

28.6%
  2. Only 1

71.4%
  3. More than 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Forever settled in heaven

consistency, Christian or otherwise, has never been the hallmark of KJBOs. this quiz -- for KJBOs only, u know, like Alexandra, Askjo, Homebound, MVneverist, whomever else -- will show it up.

2. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

...the "piglatin KJB?" :rolleyes:

3. ColoradoFB

ColoradoFB New Member

You forgot another one...

I read that the Bible is being translated into Klingonese. I like Star Trek, but some people truly do have way too much unoccupied time.

4. Forever settled in heaven

here:
    http://www.museumofconceptualart.com/ible-bay/enesis-gay.txt

notice that there r only MINOR changes in spelling that don't affect the substance or meaning.

by KJBOs' criteria, does it mean that the KJB Pig Latin is better than MVs?

5. Forever settled in heaven

ok, i take it back--i realise that even i can't see the quiz results unless i become a KJBO n take the quiz first.

which i can't get myself to :eek:

so, here's the new rules--ANYONE can take the quiz!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] will have to design it better next time [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

Someone said that the King James Bible has never been attacked here on the BB. What about making fun of, isn't that an attack?

7. Forever settled in heaven

ok, time to dumb it down (again!).

an attack on the heresy of King James ONLY-ISM isn't the same as an attack on the King James Bible.

why don't u just take the quiz? ;)

8. Alexandra Spears

Alexandra Spears New Member

ok, time to dumb it down (again!).

an attack on the heresy of King James ONLY-ISM isn't the same as an attack on the King James Bible.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Just like an attack on the "heretical" Christians isn't an attack on Christ Himself?

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does this poll "attack" the KJV (whichever revision you think the "only")?

I see it as another teaching tool against an evil and divisive sect that is attacking the inspired Word of God by claiming for a translation something that the Word of God never did.

That is the real problem that must be stopped.

10. AV Defender

AV Defender New Member

And just HOW do you intend on doing that?? It has not been done in 392 years and 200+ "bibles"; what on God's green earth makes you think YOU can do anything about the KJBible beleiver??

Save that junk for the Sunday school kids!

11. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    JYD - you missed the point. We are in a battle for the integrity of God's Word. There have been sects within Baptists that have arisen in the past, teaching pernicious and divisive doctrines.

Godly men have stood for the truth and we still have a group of churches that are faithful.

Our prayer is to be able to inform and teach and reprove this error. Happened in 1845 when Miller taught false doctrine about the Second Coming. Thankfully, this sect finally left the Baptist name behind (helping alleviate confusion) and called themselves "Adventists".

Perhaps the "Onlies" will have enough character to form their own sect and quit sullying the name of Baptist?

Or probably not.

12. Forever settled in heaven

either that, or Baptists n other Bible believers shd band together, as of old when fighting heresies such as Liberalism n Neo-Orthodoxy n Mormonism, to identify n repudiate the false "ism" that KJBOism is.

the hope is that some will be ashamed n repent fr their blatant disobedience, n be restored to fellowship in the like, precious faith. that's the call of Biblical separation.

13. Preacher Nathan Knight

Perhaps the "Onlies" will have enough character to form their own sect and quit sullying the name of Baptist?

Or probably not. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Why should us KJVOs drop the baptist name when there are so many different types of baptists these days. Where I live there is a Fundamental Independent Baptist Church and a completly liberal and charismatiac baptist "church" within 1 mile of each other. So who decides who is baptist and who is not?

14. Forever settled in heaven

like i said, tsk tsk tsk.

it's usually the Bible believers themselves who have to take the first step, not the aberrants (hence the procedure of Mt 18).

15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good thought, Nathan. We, too, have every type of "Baptist" under the sun. I guess I have no more right to the name than anyone.

I could WISH it were not so, but that's not real world.

Point taken. [​IMG]

16. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

I would not stand for anyone attacking the Authorised Version. There is, however, a stark contrast between attacking the AV, and attacking the unscriptural belief of KJV-Onlyism.

17. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

And just HOW do you intend on doing that?? It has not been done in 392 years and 200+ "bibles"; what on God's green earth makes you think YOU can do anything about the KJBible beleiver?? [sic]
    Save that junk for the Sunday school kids!
    </font>[/QUOTE]Are you using the AV as I am, or are you utilizing one of the modern revisions? If your KJB doesn't contain I and II Esdras, then your math is incorrect.

Secondly, please expound upon your last sentence directed at my good friend Dr. Bob. What exactly do you mean by saving the "junk for the "Sunday school kids?"