1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KJO point of view

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Winman, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winman

Winman Active Member

Logos, if all you want to do is research to prove all versions of the Bible are unreliable and cannot be trusted, that is up to you. I could do the same myself, it is no great feat, men have always attacked the Word of God, you have an almost limitless supply of resources.

Do you also believe the MVs are full of error? Please answer that.

As I said in another thread, faith is important to God, without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb 11:6). You spend all your time and energy trying to introduce doubt. And lots of folks are all confused and full of doubt because of fellows like yourself.

I believe simply because I believe God loves us and wants us to know him. He has chosen his Word as that method that we might know him. But there is an enemy out there, Satan, and he wants everybody to be confused and lost. He is doing a pretty effective job. So, I am not surprised at all that folks attack the word of God and create doubt.

You should try believeing if you still can.

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I don't know. I didn't check other verses.

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just did, and it appears that no notes are present in these various public domain e-files.

So, it's not a matter of the committee removing a note that "should not have been there" in the first place.

4. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

It is snide quotes like this that make me want to puke.

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

Exactly how I feel about folks who despise the Word of God and spend their every breath trying to convince others that it is corrupted and cannot be fully trusted.

Prov 13:13 Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded.

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I have reported this post as well as the previous one. They violate BB rules.

It is not acceptable to question someone's salvation relative to Bible preference. KJVOs have said, "Get saved and you'll understand 17th century English." MVs have said, "If you were as spiritual as me, you'd leave the KJV behind." Neither will be tolerated.

#106 Mexdeaf, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.