1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KJVO and Divine Authority

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Phillip, Feb 22, 2005.

1. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

I can gaurantee you that she would NOT get a pulpit invite in my home church!

In HIS service;
    Jim

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why, Jim?...Gender, or beliefs?

3. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Gender.

In HIS service;
    Jim

4. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, Jim...

But, were she a man, wouldn't FALSE INFORMATION also have a bearing? Her misstatements and deliberate misquotes are a matter of record and NOT mere opinion.

5. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Obviously Roby; that would be up to my pastor wouldn't it? Not me. I know he would NOT let ANY woman in his pulpit. Beyond that, it is for him to decide as he believes the Lord is leading him. Wouldn't you at least allow ANY pastor that privilege with his own pulpit? After all, WHO does he answer to? You? Me? (That is a rhetorical question of course.)

In HIS service;
    Jim

6. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He certainly doesn't answer to GAR. AND...Would he go against the beliefs of the majority of his flock? I doubt very seriously that, deep down inside, most of'em are KJVO. They've likely recognized the flaws in that myth and really DON'T believe it, although they may give it lip service.

I kinda suspect YOU'RE of the same mind, whether or not you'll admit it.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Butting in here ;) .

Of course any pastor has that right and privilage. If my pastor permitted a man preaching the same message as Mrs Riplinger I would immediately confront him about allowing such error in the pulpit. If we could not work the situation out I would leave the church.

8. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

All of us Had better agree on one thing. Jesus was and is perfect. But he has a perfect identity with his word! therfore we mush have his perfect word some where......hum i wonder ....

9. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

no one can ethicaly claim divine" or God given authority without having a perfect non failing source.

10. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

Which is just why we all say gods salvation will work for any one,because it is perfect.therfore we can stand unwaviring upon that fact. yet it now falls to service.

11. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

to be able to be perfect in service we must have a perfect handbook to follow , and since all advanced revalation has ceased we only can rely upon the writen word. The belief that We dont have or cant have the perfect word of god fails to live up to Gods requirement of perfection.

12. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

therefore we cannot be judged out of every word and God still be Just. [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Again I ask, which edition is perfectly perfect, every word, letter, and puncutation mark - every "jot and tittle" if you prefer?