1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Korea

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Don, Nov 23, 2010.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

then you should not have asked. :smilewinkgrin:

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The policies that are being followed today is where the insanity lies. I do not believe that a swift and precise attack would bring another nation into a conflict that was over in 30 minutes. I do believe that a conventional war would. I realize that most likely the US will not take this route, but I still see the best route is nuclear instead of continuing paying bribes to this bully in the North or engaging in any conventional war.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He didn't; I did. And I'm still waiting.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your belief flies in the face of reality, and that's why I've labeled it "insane." In all reality, you don't know what you're talking about.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

same reply :smilewinkgrin:

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

So I suppose that you believe that it is acceptable to continue to allow the North to kill innocent citizens of the South as well as military personnel and if the South should react in kind with conventional weapons that the North would not respond with nuclear? Now if that is what you believe then insanity is clearly on the other foot.
    The reason that the South has not responded is because they are convinced that the North WILL respond with nuclear weapons. What I have proposed would make such impossible.

7. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is not the reason the South hasn't retaliated yet. I'm certain if the N. does one more thing it will be full engagement. Right now the S. Korean nation is in check by the United States and is hoping for a diplomatic solution which includes China before attacking. If China can be left out of the conflict (not take sides) the S. Koreans will fare better. They are waiting to see how china will respond.

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reading comprehension goes a long way.

When I asked you for your credentials, specifically military, you responded with: "You wouldn't believe me."

I replied to that with: "Try me; you might be surprised."

JohnDeere didn't ask for your credentials; I did. Are you now saying that I shouldn't have asked? I simply want to know what background, what source of authority, you're using for your beliefs. If credible enough, I might even consider more research and possibly even changing my own stance. I'm intellectually flexible enough to realize when I'm wrong, and I've even admitted it publicly on this board a couple of times.

So try me. Tell me why your opinion is more correct than mine. I've already given you my background that should indicate why I could be considered an authoritative source; now show us yours.

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The South could not stand against the North for 10 minutes. They would be completely over run by the North just like last time. And the South is not going to retaliate. The US has stated that they will not be part of the China deliberations with the North unless the North shows that they are willing to stop all nuclear agenda and give proof. They are not going to do that. Sixty years of this stuff and some people are so blind that they still think that the North is going to give in, they won't and this stuff about the old man giving his son power might change things is nothing but compounded willful blindness. That is what is said with every change of power in the North.
    This is why I say for all who want to follow this dead end policy of allowing the North to bully aid and funds from others while killing innocent people then send your children and families to the front lines and let them be the first to be killed by the North.

#129 freeatlast, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2010
  10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I find when someone knows they are losing an argument they pose insults and want to get into background. I am not interested. I believe that mine is better because we have all seen how the current policy is not working. Sixty years of failure and 60 years of lies, bullying and murders form the North and things are not even status quo they are worst. Even when dealing with the Soviet Union in the past we made sure that they did not go as far as we have allowed the North to go. It is time to stop the North and stop them for good.
    If the South returns the attack on the North they know that there is a good possibility that the North will use nuclear weapons.

#130 freeatlast, Nov 29, 2010
  11. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I disagree I think the South will fare a lot better than you give them credit for. N. Korea has all sorts of issues militarily. I'm not saying they wouldn't be able to level Seoul with just artillary but war is much more than just artillary. I'm certain South Korea will fare better than it did during the 1950's when things were more on an even playing ground. The plain fact is that N. Korea has nothing the South wants (starving people living in caves) and the South has a lot more to loose than the north. But I don't think this will stop them from defending themselves. Note

#131 Thinkingstuff, Nov 29, 2010
  12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That is easy for you to say. Put your hide and your families hide on the line with the South if you want them to just fare. The South should not have to fare at all. They should be allowed to live in peace, and it has nothing to do with the South wanting anything the North has, but peace, but if the North chooses other wise then I say nuke them out of existence.

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

never mind. Freeatlast's posts on this subject ain't worth it.

14. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So we can safely assume you have no military background; and despite the irrefutable, overwhelming facts that have been presented and are otherwise easily available to you, you've admitted that you're holding to your opinion simply because you think it's a better opinion.

Fair enough.

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You can assume what ever you want. You back up your claims as to how to handle the Korean problem with 20 years in the military service. I hardly see how that is an asset. It is not simply 20 years of failure during your stay, and worse, 60 years of failure from the peace agreement and it is getting worse instead of better. You claim facts but your facts are forgeries of expectation, not actual gains proven by time and events. We have followed all the so called ideas of those who claim that just around the corner things will get better if we simply wait. Even China is willing to accept a one state Nation rules by the South according to the leaks. I call on all those with their families who propose waiting and allowing the North to continue their killing and bullying to move to the South as close to the border as possible and put their ideas and families to the test. So I still say that best answer is to wipe the North out in a swift and complete action taking no more then 30 minutes saving the innocent lives of many in the South and the American troops who would be expossed to attacks from the North.

16. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

My, My, My...

Such distaste for military service...

Perhaps we should all just quit serving and let you take care of yourself?

17. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wow that sounds Spiritually Mad, Man........ :tongue3:

18. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  19. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I am not sure why this is so difficult. Any tactical military action from the South will bring a nuclear response from the North. They have delivery abilities to reach Japan and even Europe. It is also believed that they can reach the west coast of the US. While there is little chance that the North would initiate such an attack on the US it is probable that they would respond with one if attacked with tactical conventional weapons and with little doubt would use them against the South. They have both nuclear and biological and sell and trade information to Iran and Syria. So I started to say it was impossible but I will say it is very unlikely that a tactical military attack could render their nuclear ability useless. North Korea is not Iraq who was just about defenseless compared to the attack we brought on them. The stakes are simply far too high for that kind of an attack. On the other hand a swift nuclear attack from the South (US) would do away with any prospect of the North bringing any nuclear response.