1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.E.F.T

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

"Because of the opprobrious epithet "liberal," today they call themselves "moderates." A skunk by any other name still stinks!"

W A Criswell

The above was quoted from Rev Mitchell on another thread

This goes right along with L.E.F.T.
    Liberal Education For Terminology

Liberals DEMAND we use certain terms - so those activities/thinking does not sound so bad.

For example:
    Why are they so afraid to say they are pro-abortion
    Pro- Choice - I tell people I am pro-choice because I believe only the baby should have the right to choose abortion

the Word Gay means to be happy.
    Those who think that same gender attraction is normal - Why are they afraid to say "H0mosexu@l.

I am an American - I do not need to hyphenate it!
    I attended a race relations class - Every one introduced themselves - "Italian American, African-American, ect.
    I was the last - and introduced myself as a "Mutt-American" The others were upset about that! Wait - I thought they
    were open minded- guess not. And then I stated that in that class I was a minority - they all looked at me! I told them
    I was the only white male in that class! they didn't like that either!

He or She Use of this term is a bit ridiculous. Proper English dictates when the gender is unknown,
    the masculine term shall be used. This usage in no way denigrates the female gender. In addition, use of
    this phrase makes reading very choppy.
    For for the time being, I will use the term "State or Commonwealth"

From Teddy Roosevelt:
    There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans,
    I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were
    naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all …

The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic …

There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1