1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lamb's Book of Life

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by stanleyg, Jul 26, 2006.

1. stanleyg

stanleyg New Member

Has any pastor bothered to prepare the Lamb's Book of Life for our Christian members to sign? We have been clearly instucted that none will be saved whose name isn't found in the Lamb's Book of Life.

Our King Jesus Christ has sounded his trumpet. It's time for us to give His roll call. Yet, all of His sheep are joking about our Lord's steward issuing his call. What is the joke all about? Our King isn't amused!

Our King is coming on a White horse with the Holy Sword of God and His angels to make amends for the unfaithfulness of his pastors to prepare His sheep for His second coming.

2Mac15
    [16] Take this holy sword, a gift from God, with the which thou shalt wound the adversaries.

Heb4
    [12]For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Rev1
    [16] And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Rev2]
    [12] And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;
    [16] Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Rev3
    [5] He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Rev 6
    [2] And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
    [4] And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
    [8] And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Rev13
    [8] And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
    [10] He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
    [14] And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Rev17
    [8] The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Rev20
    [12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
    [15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Rev21
    [27]And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Rev22
    [11] And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
    [14] And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
    [19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Amen!​

2. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    stanleyg, "the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world" (Rev. 13:8) is Jesus Christ. Therefore, He would be the holder of the Lamb's Book of Life.

3. genesis12

genesis12 Member

What on earth would a pastor be doing with the Lamb's Book of Life? What on earth would he be preparing? Do we all drop by the pastor's office to sign up?

If the trumpet had already sounded, I wouldn't be here.