1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Law Professor: Baltimore Officers Were Overcharged, Charges Will Likely Be Dismissed

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, May 1, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Charges filed against the six Baltimore police officers for their involvement in the death of Freddie Grey will be dismissed, a George Washington University law professor predicted in an interview with The Daily Caller.

John Banzhaf, who teaches public interest law, says that the charges announced by Baltimore state’s attorney Marilyn Mosby on Friday “go too far.”

“I think a prosecutor is going to have a hard time proving that the actions did in fact cause death, since they seem to have no theory as to how it occurred,” Banzhaf said in a phone interview.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/01/l...overcharged-charges-will-likely-be-dismissed/

2. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I agree, and I think a special prosecutor may be in order as well - it's hard to have a dog in this fight, the only democrat of all of them I have any sympathy at all is for the dead criminal thug Freddie Gray.

See:

[​IMG]

*maybe* the vehicular manslaughter (even the gross charge) and the false imprisonment charges stick but that's about it.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sheriff Clarke: Charges Against Baltimore Cops ‘A Miscarriage Of Justice’

CLARKE: It’s a miscarriage of justice. This neophyte prosecutor stood up there and made a political statement, Neil, and I say that because she chanting or voicing some of the chants from this angry mob. Her job is to tune that out. She said, ‘I hear the voices.’ She is not supposed to hear anything as she reviews this case that is not consistent with the rule of law and our system of justice. Look, I’m an experienced and a veteran homicide detective. I’ve had — I’ve participated in charging conferences. There’s no way I have ever gotten a criminal charge within 24 hours after taking over all the reports and evidence to a prosecutor.

A prosecutor who is thorough needs several days to sift through hundreds of pages of reports, they usually want to interview some of the witnesses themselves in person, and they have to sift through all of the evidence, piece by piece, and they have to wait for some of the forensic evidence to conclude to come back. And that’s why I say on a minimum, three to four days. She just got this case yesterday. This is political activism. She’ll never prove this beyond a reasonable doubt and I’m not going to silently stand by and watch my brother officers offered up as human sacrifices, thrown like red meat to an angry mob, just to appease this angry mob.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/01/s...altimore-cops-a-miscarriage-of-justice-video/

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Boring. The FOX News type can always find some shill who thinks the prosecutor has overcharged and all the FOXNewsites start licking their chops at a dismissal.

Not happening this time.

They are going to jail one way or the other.