1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lawsuit argues expert biologist fired for refusing to believe in evolution

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Dec 18, 2007.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

The Christian Law Association will be defending a biologist who claims he was fired from a prestigious institution because he believed in creation.

In an interview with The Boston Globe, Abraham stated that his supervisor appeared "angry" after the conversation. He claims he was then given the ultimatum to believe evolution or lose his job. Abraham is now suing Woods Hole for half a million dollars for violating his civil rights.

CLICK HERE FOR THE REST OF THE STORY

2. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Only Half a million!?!?

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems rather silly to have fired the man over this. I don't see how one's beliefs on origins would have impacted his job.

4. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

I do. Not believing these lies will effect his views and thus his teaching of all branches of science, history, and all other humanities. The close-minded snobs who presume the Bible to be innaccurate will never allow their consciences to be bombarded by his stand without taking shots at him.

I have two relatives who are professors, and I often am in communication with those types. I often tell them, disguised though it may be, that they are "puffed up."

Well, They are puffed up! T(the proof is in how they react when questioned, esp. in a context impacted by this issue.)

5. billwald

billwald New Member

I don't buy the story that he was fired for not "believing in."

6. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is the article from the Boston Globe.

The following quotes describe the research institute's perspective on this.

So it sounds like someone who doesn't believe in evolution applied for and received grant money to do research that clearly requires a discussion of evolutionary concepts. He failed to mention his beliefs about evolution in the interview and then requests not to work on the evolutionary aspects of the research.

That is like an athiest applying to teach at a seminary, not telling anyone they were atheist and requesting not to teach the theistic aspects of the curriculum.

#6 Gold Dragon, Dec 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2007
  7. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Exactly! But the spin machine will work overtime on this one. :laugh:

8. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Something like Paul Tillich at UnionTheological Seminary and their are many more of then, not just Paul.

9. billwald

billwald New Member

The guy is a fraud, like SDAs who take retail jobs and then claim they can't work on Sat.