1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Left Behind

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ccrobinson, Dec 14, 2006.

1. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I used to get screamed at when I played Diablo - "it's satanic!", this is just a twist.

The concept of the game or the Rapture?

Well, yeah, you have to restart the whole chapter, the save feature is irritating, but it autosaves after each chapter.

He is the final boss.

There's been Muslim and Jewish games with similar themes, not sure how good they are.

? It's very close to "morale" in D&D. You have to keep it high enough. It's very possible to lose salvation in real life, as if that'd apply anyways.

What's the name of that? Sounds like fun.

It won't turn you into a murderous fundie. San Andreas never made me a black gang member, Saint's Row didn't turn me into a Hispanic thug.

Yes and there's no such thing as too many scrolls, they revert to neutral too fast.

No, but they should've QA'd it more, buggy like Oblivion.

? I've only read one of the books, gaming takes up time.

It's a bonus, ideally, you'd want to apply the knowledge.

Yes, the Biblical verses referred to are KJV, no errors.

Stop banging your head while you still have free will, there's far worse games out there.

2. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

PGR on XBox...although, as I stated I am not tired of shooting aliens, I also enjoy Halo.

I really don't have much time for video games, but these are my top two when I get a moment.

3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Yo, 777, you lookin' to pick a fight? :wavey: :tonofbricks:

I'm ready for a good fight, haven't had one since SFIC called me Satan. :laugh:

Yes, it is a game, but so what?

I suspect that this conversation took place at some point.

Marketing guy: "We're selling this game to gullible Christians. We're slapping a Left Behind sticker on it and are planning on selling millions."

Manager: "You know, even the gullible Christians won't buy this piece of garbage game based on Left Behind. Maybe we shouldn't sell it. Maybe we shouldn't have made it in the first place."

Marketing guy and Manager: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Who are we kidding? We're going to make a fortune!"

4. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ummm...who's SFIC?

I searched some of your old posts, at least it looks like you got over your paranoia of Diebold machines.

Are you going just dismiss a game like this by calling its players gullible? Just checking.

It's not a racing game.

So is it heretical or are you a disbeliever? This game IS post-Rapture, point's moot.

Yes, and I have a right to buy them too if I want to.

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

#1, What does this have to do with the subject at hand?

#2, is this your idea of a put-down? Is that the best you can do?

The makers of the game obviously think Christians are gullible. Is there some other conclusion that can be drawn that I'm missing?

Who cares what I believe about the Rapture? Why is that relevant?

Sure do. Buy whatever you want. I'm voicing my opinion that I think the game is rot.

PS. If Diebold makes an electronic voting machine that is repeatedly hacked, and if Diebold buries their head in the sand about the problems, please tell my why that shouldn't be of concern to me and anybody else that cares about fair elections.

PSS. I was being facetious about fighting. You may carry on with it if you wish, because I'm going to now give you the opportunity for the last word. :thumbs:

6. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You referred to someone I didn't know. Forget it.

No. Do you always answer your own questions?

#3 are you the thread police?

Keep the open mind whatever you do.

The theme of the game is relevant to your opinion.

7. mnw

mnw New Member

Before quoting the opponants comments like, “praise the lord and pass the ammunition” or “kill in the name of God" how about looking into its back ground.

Here is the TRUTH behind some of the fiction that has been thrown around here:

http://www.leftbehindgames.com/pages/controversy.htm

You are not encouraged to kill or convert and it is not comparable to Halo.

Not saying I like the idea of the game, but at least fight against what is truly wrong with it and not the lies that the media have spread about it.