1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Legitimate Investigation or Political Harassment?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by windcatcher, Nov 15, 2009.

1. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

She prays with her patients and spends more time with them than most GPs, and she is also a pro-life advocate........... so what is the justification for a 4th investagation of this Montana doctor in 5 months?

STORY HERE

2. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

There is no justification for this. Now, if she were advising pregnant women to abort their children, I doubt there would be an investigation at all.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She apparently doesn't understand the mindset of the hoodlums in charge at the White House.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed, few do.

5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I think she does. If you read the article you may get the impression that I did that this is a very exceptional, balanced, and dedicated doctor, who has and exercises her faith in the whole of her life .......... and is blessed to see the humour in the fight with the devil. Let's add power to her fight through prayer, that God will hold her with his strength and defeat the enemies which come against her...... and bless her for her stand.:godisgood:

6. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

I'm not supporting the gov't in this one little bit, but the fact that she was quoted as saying, "we've been investigated 4 or 5 times since spring..." throws up a red-flag in my mind. Surely she would know exactly how many times she was investigated, wouldn't she? When my kids answer a specific question like this with a vague answer, the short-hairs on the back of my neck stand on end and I press for more information.

If this is all about the gov'ts saying that she's guilty of fraud by charging patients for prayer time, I'm going to be uber-ticked-off... 30 seconds of prayer, per her quote, isn't hurting anyone, but I wonder if I'd say the same thing if it was a muslim doctor and he was praying to allah?

Interesting.

7. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the comments to the article, one reader points out that the investigator's family owns a business doing doctors' paperwork for them. Coincidence?:laugh:

8. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Didn't you notice that she asks her patients for their permission?
    I've been in situations where a patient asked me to pray for them. I've also rarely experienced a person ask me if I minded if they said a prayer for me. In both cases, a brief but meaningful prayer was said immediately after permission granted.

I agree with you that, in essence, this angers me if the governmetn is going after her just for praying. I would imagine that those patients who requested or were comforted by her praying with them, were also memorable enough for her to ask again.... and those who refused, like wise honored without being asked every time they visited.

Personally, I think the doctor drew interest because of advocating for life of the unborn and being against Obamacare. The repeated intrusion and interruption of the investigations into her active practice and her public engagements are sufficient to account for the reasoning of losing count to recall during a brief interview by a reporter. With all the regulations written and revised in the government contract for medicaid..... the investigation is probably fishing for the one obscure and accidental mistake which can justify charges, fines, and extortion for a legal defense by the good doctor........ Or designing new revisions so that something which was once permitted is now chargeable against her at a future investigation.