1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lessons in Colossians

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Ray Berrian, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Bob Ryan,

You said, 'Ray - are you convinced that Yates is not Calvinist?'

Ray is saying, 'I would guess that he probably is a five point Calvinist, but this does not mean that all his theology is wrong. He is speaking to the reality of angels and their fall from God's grace. This has nothing to do with Calvinism.'

On the other hand, he could be a moderate Calvinist/Arminian more like Dr. Stanley. I am not sure difinitively where the Atlanta pastor stands on all the particulars.

There may be points that we might not agree about, but that does not mean that we do not evaluate the other issues that come up in the Bible.

A brother,
    Ray

Ray

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was going to add here that just because someone is a Calvinist does not mean they have to be wrong about all other topics as well.

Also just because their future escatology is in correct does not mean their view of Genesis is wrong (after all they do have a literal 7 day creation week).

That's kinda the way I was going.

In Christ,

Bob