1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Let's look at the evidence

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by TCassidy, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ed

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Yeah, I wuz a-wonderin' muhself, 'zackly what a "mission tripp (sic) in the Andes Mountains" (Maybe they visited the 'Christ of the Andes' on the trip??? Ya' know, kinda' like the 'Oracle at Delphi'!?) had to do with Bible translations??

Ed

3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With all due respect, Mr. Correa, all I've seen of your "evidence" is some fishing story. What would a mountain in Peru (which has plenty of them) have anything to do with the KJVO myth?

All your stuff about the triquetra on the cover of the NKJV was copied from that paragon of erudition, Terry Watkins. This mental giant also denounced the NASV for calling Joseph the father of Jesus in Luke 2:43 without reading five verses farther in the KJV! All Watkins has done is collect some of the old, long-disproven parts of the KJVO myth & put'em in two or three articles. None of his stuff is either original or correct. It might serve you well to CHECK OUT THE VERACITY of those KJVO authors' points before ya repeat them! And ya might start by Googling 'triquetra'. Shoot, we don't know of any ancient symbol...INCLUDING THE T-SHAPED CROSS...that wasn't used by some pagans at one time or another.

Now, can you support the KJVO myth with SCRIPTURAL evidence? I mean, Scripture that can be applied ONLY to the KJV & none other???

YIPES!!!!!

Here comes the giant Debauchery! He's Ruckman's ten-foot-tall black-lipped Antichrist! He came to play center for the Washington Wizards, but LeBron James shut him down and he's mad! Quick, Maw, set up a Chap-Stick stand!

4. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Nuthin' at all!

5. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AVL, that was an excellent 'rant'!

I've been telling people for years that they could use the KJV as their only Bible while not wearing that dead bird of the KJVO myth around their necks.

I cannot understand why most KJVOs, who, being Christian, are supposed to be HONEST, keep promoting falsehoods. If they take ten minutes to FACE THE FACTS, they'll drop the KJVO myth like a hot potato.

I guess they must thing that they must drop the KJV along with the myth built around it. Nothing could be further from the truth. people spent their whole religious lives using the KJV without that myth, and there's nothing holding those of today back. In fact, there are plenty of such people on this forum.

As for the Holy Spirit thingie...He dispenses His gifts as He chooses. And He dispenses the tools to use with those gifts. He calls some to preach, some to build, some to sing, etc. And thus He can call some to the KJV, others to the NASV, others to the NKJV, etc., some to several versions, & so on. And Scripture tells us not to look down upon the gifts of others because you think they're useless. Paul reminds that all the gifts are used in service to the same one-and-only CHRIST. The person who sweeps the sanctuary's floor & polishes the pews is just as important as the pastor or the choir director. They each use different tools. The sanctuary would be a most unpleasant place to worship if it were never cleaned.

I believe this principle applies to Bible versions also.

6. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is so sad to see a person who is apparently just honestly trying to stand up for something which is patently false.
    No one here is saying anything against the King James Bible.
    Everyone here is against the King James Bible Only teaching that some overzealous pastors are ramming down the throats of their open-mouthed congregations.
    Learn to investigate the claims, bro.
    Pick up a NIV, or a NASB, and read it alongside your KJB.
    Look for the doctrines and see if there have been any major alterations.
    I believe the gentlemen on this board are clear-thinking, fundamental, Bible-believing, intelligent souls, and the KJVO proponent should at least consider that.

7. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

The Isms in These Topics we all need to be singing off of the same page! The Devil has people beleivng one thing while the truth is trying to Speak to us! Why dont you look back at the threads Againand maybe you can help ! Maybe I'm feeling the pain of my 18 year old that just got up and left and I havent heard from her until today for a 2 weeks! And taking out on you wonderful people!

8. standingfirminChrist

ya know, when it comes to the Word of God, even what is considered a minor change to man is a major change in God's eyes.

His Word abideth ever, yet man does his best to change it and rearrange it.

To change even one verse is saying God did not know what He was doing when He spoke to men of old and inspired them to write down those words.

9. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Correa:The Isms in These Topics we all need to be singing off of the same page!

The only "ism" I "hear' being "sung" here is KJVOism.

The Devil has people beleivng one thing (KJVOISM) while the truth (FREEDOM-READING) is trying to Speak to us!

Why dont you look back at the threads Againand maybe you can help ! Maybe I'm feeling the pain of my 18 year old that just got up and left and I havent heard from her until today for a 2 weeks! And taking out on you wonderful people!

You say you've heard from her TODAY? Is she well? I shall pray for a good outcome for your situation.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

To change even onre verse from which standard SFIC?

By what authority do you declare your standard to be perfect?

Do you have Bible proof why your standard is the perfect one?

11. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

I too appreciate AVL1984's "rant", because it is spiritually and intellectually honest. I do hope that he made an opportunity to apologize to the pastor whom he threw out of his house. That kind of repentance and reconciliation is found in ANY Bible translation!

12. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    &lt;snip&gt;Maybe I'm feeling the pain of my 18 year old that just got up and left and I havent heard from her until today for a 2 weeks! &lt;snip&gt; </font>[/QUOTE]I am truly sorry to hear that, and I can identify with you on that one, not with a daughter, but a niece whom I raised like a daughter.

13. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But, of a truth, can you tell us with absolute certainty, backed by evidence, that the KJV is the ONLY valid English Bible version, and that ITS text is the exact words of God as are best translated into English?

The theme of this thread is EVIDENCE. Got any?

14. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not picking on you, bro, but I think if we are to be strictly scriptural, it is the pastor who should go back to him and apologize.

Jesus said:
    Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
    Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. Matthew 5:23-24

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

&lt;snip&gt;Maybe I'm feeling the pain of my 18 year old that just got up and left and I havent heard from her until today for a 2 weeks! &lt;snip&gt; </font>[/QUOTE]I am truly sorry to hear that, and I can identify with you on that one, not with a daughter, but a niece whom I raised like a daughter. </font>[/QUOTE]Yup, I agree. My heart goes out to you for the pain you must be suffering.

16. william s. correa

Well that sure sounds good! But is there any Scripture to back that rant up? No. Today I went to an Episcopalian Pastors House to service his A/C's. And out of Couriosity after serviceing the Equipment, I asked him About "Bible Versions and Translations" I know this is for baptist only but please hear me out! He showed me his library and he had probably 30 versions and a few translations after hearng his opinion I never debated with him about any thing since I was on duty, But I did Notice that out of All those books there was not a KJB in the entire library; and that made me sad not to see the Bible my mother used and her mother and her mother and so on! well to make a long story short I left a little dishartened! But the Spirit of God cheered me up today Because I know that my 18 year old is OK and that prayer changes things, and that no matter what any one says the KJB is the Word of God! And a Denomination such as Episcopalianism is as lost as most of the World! You just have to let go and let God! I'll stick to the KJB and will not try another translation in English for what I witnessed today was indeed sad!

17. william s. correa

&lt;snip&gt;Maybe I'm feeling the pain of my 18 year old that just got up and left and I havent heard from her until today for a 2 weeks! &lt;snip&gt; </font>[/QUOTE]I am truly sorry to hear that, and I can identify with you on that one, not with a daughter, but a niece whom I raised like a daughter. </font>[/QUOTE]Thank you Shes Ok but still dosent want to come home Shes having to much "FUN in the World"

18. william s. correa

&lt;snip&gt;Maybe I'm feeling the pain of my 18 year old that just got up and left and I havent heard from her until today for a 2 weeks! &lt;snip&gt; </font>[/QUOTE]I am truly sorry to hear that, and I can identify with you on that one, not with a daughter, but a niece whom I raised like a daughter. </font>[/QUOTE]Yup, I agree. My heart goes out to you for the pain you must be suffering. </font>[/QUOTE]My wife is the one taking it very hard and we are at each others throats wondering what did we do wrong as parents?

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

No one here denies that the KJV is the word of God.

Check you PMs william, please, re your daughter.

20. william s. correa

I apreciate you prayers she's ok! she has alot of health problems from 3 weeks old with kidneys and just says I quit School and up and Gone, seeing the World! i]The Devil has people beleivng one thing[/i] (KJVOISM) while the truth (FREEDOM-READING) is trying to Speak to us!
    I Agree But do not Agree that any other version can touch the AV 1611 So I want the KJB of Today Thanx again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.