1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Letter to False Preacher

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JonC, Aug 19, 2017.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm taking up the task @evangelist6589 gave us awhile back and writing letters to false teachers. A current thread made me think of this "preacher", and this will be my second "letter" (we communicate online). Here is what I have so far:

Dear _______

I appreciate the fact that you want to tell other people about Jesus. There are far too many people in the church who are lacking when it comes to sharing the gospel.

But I want to caution you about some of the things you have said in public. It appears that you have abandoned the gospel of Jesus Christ in favor of nominal Christianity and that expressed in politics.

You have said in public that you refuse to pray for people who belong to the Democrat Party, and you do this while you claim to be sharing the gospel of our Lord and Savior.

This is an “anti-Christ” doctrine from Satan, and I am saddened that you have fallen victim and are now working against God. Where God commanded that we pray for those in authority and insisted that He is the one who sets governments up and tears them down, you simply disobey. And where Christ said to pray for our enemies, to pray for those to persecute us, you have decided your way is better than His.

You have become the problem, not the solution. I urge you to repent and turn back to God. There will be many “on that day” that come to Christ and say “Lord, Lord” have we not proclaimed your Word only to hear “I never knew you”.

You make yourself an enemy of Christ, an "anti-Christ". Yet I pray for you daily. I pray that God will open your eyes and your heart and your mind to comprehend the things of God. That if you are saved God will discipline you, tear down your current life, remove your comforts, and bring you to a repentance so that you can be restored to the Kingdom. If you do not truly know Christ and have merely been preaching the gospel on the streets then I pray that He will draw you into a saving faith that you may truly know Christ as Lord.

In Christ

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Won't pray for Democrats? Yikes...

I reckon I'm as political as anyone, but I won't even post a sign in the yard for fear that it might be an obstacle to someone looking for spiritual help. (And my policy really bugged my wife after the father in law gave her a big "Hillary for Prison" sign.)

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seriously. He actually said this.

One thing about our current environment is that it reveals who is a Christian and who is a “Christian”. Politics become so emotional that often the truth comes out in ways people never intended. It's now we can really start seeing the nuts fall off the tree. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

[Edited: false accusations removed] I never said I would not pray for democrats. I just do not support them in office. I evangelize them all the time. We are to pray for all people.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh....did my letter resonate with you also. Interesting.

Edited:

You are right, and I do see how you can identify with this false preacher. I'll send the letter to you as well, just so you have a copy. Thanks for the insight.

6. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh boy, looks like a missed the memo. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1