1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lewis vs Christ

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Mark Osgatharp, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

rsr, I see what you are saying, but these "good" deeds do not save anyone, which is what is implied in the Tash episode. His worship of Tash is counted as worship of the true, living God, and thus he gets into heaven. It's a salvation issue.

2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's your interpretation of what's implied. I suggest that Lewis' allegories are, to use Ransom's word, slipshod, and do not necessarily correspond to a systematic theology, which Lewis never attempted to come to grips with.

A good deal of Lewis' work was "thinking out loud," and I think he would be horrified to think he was being held up as a standard of theology. He had his biases, which are evident in his work, but you can also find Calvinism in his writings even though he was Arminian.

I don't go to Lewis for theology, except that he upheld the basic tenets of orthodoxy at a time when it was almost unheard of in the British popular press. I find insights, some of which I use, some of which I discard.