1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberty University Announces Acting President

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rockytopva, Aug 10, 2020.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Liberty University announced Monday that the Rev. Jerry Prevo, the longtime chair of the school’s Board of Trustees and a significant figure in the evangelical movement, will serve as acting president of the religious institution.

Dr. Prevo has served on the Liberty University Board of Trustees since 1996 and has been the Board Chairman since 2003. He recently retired as the Senior Pastor of Anchorage Baptist Temple in Anchorage, Alaska, after serving that community for 47 years. During his stewardship of Anchorage Baptist Temple, it became one of the largest churches in Alaska and had the largest school in Alaska, as well. In addition, its ministry included three radio stations and one television station.

Liberty University appoints acting president | Liberty University

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    • Like Like x 1
  3. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A quick introduction to the Dr Jerry Prevo....

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was in Alaska, (a long, long, time ago) I visited Anchoragae Bap Temple, when Rev Jerry Prevo was pastor.
    I ended up attending a much smaller church - (I just don't care for mega churches)
    But I did often listen to KATB-FM

But IMHO - I would say Jerry P will be more of a figurehead. I would think the other staff will running things behind the scenes.
    disclaimer - just to clarify- not trying to be negative about JP. I wish him the best.

From WIKI Jerry Prevo - Wikipedia

#4 Salty, Aug 11, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020