1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Liberty University Would Fine Students Who Skipped Ted Cruz Speech

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Putting you into my "version" is what loaded it with laughing gas.

2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

yes. Obama announced his candidacy from Kenya.

sarcastic comment is sarcastic

3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

I don't think the GOP believes he has any chance to win. He's the sacrificial lamb to take the brunt of the attacks before the real candidate (more moderate and palatable) is introduced.

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    QUOTE=Alcott;2205098]Putting you into my "version" is what loaded it with laughing gas.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause:

5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is kind of where I'm at on this issue. I don't think Cruz is a serious candidate nor do I think he thinks he's a serious candidate. No serious candidate goes and does this kind of announcement in that kind of place.

Look at what Cruz is doing for the GOP, he's testing the response and taking the initial body blows from the Democrats. He's making a hardline, far right case that the future candidate (who knows who that will be...it won't be Bush or Christi) will be able to sound more accomodating. Plus, and this is Cruz's credit, he realizes there is a HUGE segment of the GOP faithful (evangelicals) that are almost entirely disenfranchised with the current GOP crop.

Cruz isn't serious. He's trying to elevate his profile, get more leadership support, and take one (big ones) for the team.

He isn't liked in the Senate (not that this issue matters much) and this could also be the way to gain some more credibility.

I just think he knows this and is okay with it. Maybe his hope is to be the next AG under a GOP President.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who is it in the Senate that does not like Cruz? Of course it is the establishment folks or liberal light. They don't like him because he wants to hold to the constitution. They want to ignore what is inconvenient to their careers.

Saying he is not a serious candidate is not in and of itself serious. It is just a passive aggressive means to demonize him.

I do not know if I want him for President. I am rather leaning toward walker. I think Walker is better qualified. What I also think is that like with Palin all the criticism is superficial and uncalled for.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    German co-pilot was muslim convert

deleted by member